Andy

Andy watched as the red and orange column in the sky flashed to green, the glowing light rippling across the sky. The smoke and ash began to dissipate as the column faded into nothing, and the sky was normal once more.

She stood outside of the Mothership, Zadra standing behind her a few feet. She turned to face the tall warrior, looking up at her stoic face. "Thank you," she said.

Zadra made a questioning noise and looked down at Andy. "For what?"

"Saving my life," she clarified. "You saved me a few times in there."

Zadra smiled and put a hand on her shoulder. "It was nothing. You are clearly important to the royals, so you are important to me."

There was a moment of awkward silence, before Zadra broke it. "Though I have to ask, what... what are you? And what are you to the royals?"

"Oh.. that's... kind of a long story," Andy chuckled. "I'm Krel's girlfriend," she said, and Zadra made a noise of surprise. "And I'm human. Sort of. Well, I was born human. But I died saving Krel from a bounty hunter, and they regenerated me in the stasis pod using manufactured DNA and a synthetic core, so now I'm half Akiridion," she explained, tapping the core in her chest. "They used a royal DNA pattern, that's why I have four arms."

Before Zadra could say anything in reply, Andy saw Aja and Krel climbing down from the roof. Krel looked as though he'd been crying, and honestly Andy couldn't blame him.

She ran up to him, throwing her arms around him, nearly knocking him over. She stopped, giggling, and kissed him hard. It took him off guard at first, but he melted into the kiss after a moment. She could taste the tears on his cheek; he'd lost a lot over the course of today. She didn't know how she could make him feel better, but she would do the best she could.

When they broke away, she put her arms on his shoulders. "You did it! You saved us, you won!"

He laughed, and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, placing his hands on her waist. "We did. We won."

Andy looked up at the Mothership. "So... I take it she's grounded?"

Krel looked at the ground despondently and that was all the answer Andy needed.

"I'm so sorry, Krel. I'm so sorry you can't go home. I wish there was something I could do," she lamented.

"It is sad, yes," he said. "But I am going to be okay. I am going to be okay here on Earth. Do you wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I have you. I have Aja. I have Zadra. And I have my parents." He brushed a wayward strand of hair out of her eyes, smiling down at her. "I am going to be okay, because I have my family."

Andy pulled him into an embrace, hugging him tightly. Like this, their cores pressed together in a way that Andy hadn't really experienced before, filling her with warmth and happiness. Yes, everything was going to be okay.

For now.

Author's note:

Hey y'all! Thanks so much for reading! Sorry it took so long to finally update this fic, I lost the access to my account. I got it back, though! Thanks for sticking by my side through all of this, I can't do it without you. <3