Why again?

Several days earlier, 12:07 pm, Home

"So tell me why are we doing this again?" Corey asked.

"Because it's there!" All his friends said in unison.

"O.k besides that." Corey said.

" Come on dude." Colby said, swinging his backpack over his shoulders." With our " Exploring Alaskan Ghost town" at 1000k likes and half the internet screaming at us to climb Mt. Everest, there is no way we can ignore it."

"Besides with those open trip tickets to Everest, it makes it perfect." Jake said." 10% off and all the gear and guides paid for."

"Besides once we get to the top, we'll be YouTube's greatest explores on record!" Colby said.

Corey shrugged a little uneasily. None of his friends were surprised he was worried. Corey was the scared one in the group. Unlike Jake who was the fun and daring one.

Sam and Colby had created a YouTube channel about them exploring abandoned and haunted places with their friends. After a while they got super popular. They did a series of episodes of them doing 25 out-of-their-comfort zone things. One of their videos involved them exploring a abandoned ghost town in Alaska. It had gone viral and now everyone wanted them to go to Mt. Everest with the whole gang.

"You guys got all your stuff packed?" Elton asked coming into the room. Elton was like the uncle of the group. He would protect any of his friends if they were in trouble.

"I thinks so." Colby said.

"How about the go-pro's?" Elton asked.

"Don't worry.."Corey said."I made she packed them."

"Great, Sam is waiting outside at the van." Elton said.

Corey, Colby and Jake grabbed their backpacks and suitcases and followed Elton down the stairs. Corey, Elton and Sam's girlfriends Devin, Amy and Kate were waiting at the van with Sam so they could say good-bye.

"I'm going to miss you like crazy, Corey." Devin said hugging Corey tightly after he had put his luggage in the van."Please be careful up there."

"I will sweetie." Corey said.

"If you feel sick, you come right back, okay?" Devin said.

"Okay." Corey said giving Devin one more tight hug before getting into the van.

"You take care of everyone, okay Elton?" Amy said, hugging Elton.

"I will, you take care of Circuit while I'm gone." Elton said. Hearing its name, Circuit Elton's dog ran from behind the car and jump on Elton. " Wow, wow, calm down, girl." He said, rubbing her head." You keep an eye on Amy for me okay?" Circuit barked in response.

Kate wrapped her arms around Sam. She was feeling very, very bad about this trip her boyfriend was goofing to make. Sure he and his friends had gone on some very scary trips to places like the Amityville House, she had been with him and his friends before to some of those places but she had never got as a bad of a feeling like this.

"Sammy please promise me this will be the last time you decide to do something like this again." Katrina asked.

"I've got to be honest with you, Kate." Sam said.' I'm not sure I can promise that, but I can promise you I will come home fine."

" I'm just-just so scared that something bad will happen to you." Kate said. " Please be careful."

" I will." Sam said kissing her on the cheek." I've got Colby and the gang to look after me."

Sam got into the van with the others and all of them waved goodbye to the girls as they drove away.