Chapter 44: A Pen Holder

"We brought her here along with that man," Oliver announced as soon as we entered their hideout. I gripped my right hand on his clothes when I felt the glare from the other people who were waiting for us. 

I flustered when I felt a hand patting my head, it's not like I am complaining, but he'd been patting my head since he carried me. 

Hehe~

He's even smiling at me, he looks like a Prince Charming---.

Err no! 

I'm not Y/N anymore! 

I admit that I had a crush on Oliver when I was Y/N. 

I mean-- who wouldn't? and it's pretty normal because I was a 17-year-old anime lover who likes a lot of fictional boys, but now that I am Conny, I can't let that Y/N instinct to overcome my 6-year-old self. 

That would be illegal and sooo awkward.

Such a sad reality.

I guess we'll be brothers and sisters in this life...

Or maybe not...

I took a deep sigh when their intimidating aura became intense. Unlike Oliver, Violet, and Gillian, they are still probably suspicious of me since I haven't explained what I needed from this place, 

But truth to be told, I'm actually suspicious of Oliver's kindness to me. 

I know that he is a good person, but his hatred of those Demons is a different matter. The fact that I am still working along with Demons despite my circumstances is enough to be doubtful of me. 

Maybe that kindness is true, maybe he truly pities me, but in their perspective, I am not someone whom they could trust that easily. 

There are still barriers between them and me.

What was it in tagalog? Di ako belong.

If I were them, I will never trust myself either. Always remember that trust issues are sometimes important. It saves people from being betrayed. 

(Ray's circumstances are still different tho, always trust the protagonist).

I am not naive, but I'll play along.

But I'm still hoping that their pity for me will let their wariness down. 

It's not like I really needed to gain their trust or to make them close to me, tho it will be beneficial to me if I could, but my purpose in coming here is to acquire the Golden Water.

My objective is to meet Him.

I also need to obtain the information that Minerva left in this place. If I am not qualified to meet or failed to make a promise with Him, then having that information will be helpful. It's like hitting birds with one stone.

In the end, I only need to negotiate with that one person.

Lucas.

"Don't mind them, we will explain the situation later," Oliver told me before glancing at his comrades. "I'll introduce you to my comrades," he said as if announcing it to them.

"Ehem, Why do we need to introduce ourselves to an enemy?"  a fairly tall teenager with a tiny two-leaf seedling growing on the top of his head said. My eyes went to his rectangular goggles as I recognized him. "She almost put Violet into danger."

Ara ara, the leaf on his head is adorable.

If it wasn't for the scary gun in his hand, he'll look approachable to me.