The Aftermath Pt.2

Elira was soon on an airship with the others heading for the Sato Mansion. Tenzin was speaking with Lin closer to the front while Korra sat on the floor further back, watching as Elira paced anxiously in front of her.

"El, they're gonna be fine" She attempted to reassure the airbender 

"We won't know until we get there" Elira muttered, continuing to pace. 

Korra looked down, fiddling with her hands "Do you...You don't think Asami knows, do you? About all this?" 

 Elira sighed and stopped by the window, staring down at the city below them "I don't know"

They soon arrived at the Sato estate. Asami and the boys were relaxing in the living room, Bolin eating from the bowl of fruit while Mako took out an LP from the cover, showing it to his girlfriend when the metalbender cops burst into the living room, causing Bolin to raise his arms in fear.

"What are you doing here?" Asami demanded, annoyed and angry as they entered.

Elira rushed into the room from behind them, quickly hugging Bolin tightly as she sighed with relief" Thank goodness you're okay. I was so worried"

"El?" Bolin stared at his best friend, confused "What's going on?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be okay?" Mako added

"We have a reason to believe that there's a factory hidden below the mansion," Lin explained, stepping into the room.

" I think I would've noticed if there were a factory underneath my house" Asami narrowed her eyes " The lies you people come up with just to persecute my father"

"Where is your father?" Tenzin questioned

"In his workshop, behind the house." Asami scowled 

*

They all ventured outside to Hiroshi's workshop. Metalbender cops guarded the area as they all walked toward the building. The metalbender cops burst into the workshop but found no one in the room.

"Dad? Hello?" Asami called out for her father but received no answer. 

"Chief, the estate's been secured. No one has left the workshop since we arrived." An officer approached Lin

"Perhaps we just couldn't see him leaving," Elira thought out loud.

"You read my mind, kid" Lin walked into the middle of the room with her hands behind her back. She raised her leg and metalbent her left sole, removing it to expose her barefoot. Slamming her foot to the ground, she used her seismic sense to feel everything around her and look for any hidden passageways.

After a moment, she stood up straight and opened her eyes "There's a tunnel beneath the workshop running deep into the mountainside."

"What? There's no tunnel" Asami scoffed

Lin looked at the floor and metalbent to remove the metal layer, exposing a set of stairs. They all peered down seeing an elevator leading below the workshop.

"Do you think your dad knows about this tunnel?" Bolin whispered to Asami who looked confused and shocked.

"I don't understand. There must be an explanation."

" Maybe you don't know everything about your father," Korra said softly

Elira placed a hand on her friend's shoulder comfortingly "I'm so sorry, Asami"

Lin addressed her men "Officers, into the tunnel. Be cautious"

The officers walked toward the stairs and Mako, Bolin and Asami went to follow when Lin stopped them " Uh-uh, you three stay up here"