Chapter one hundred and nineteen

48:00

Now on the surface after watching the most risky landing of this century, I stood tapping my toe with my arms folded over my chest. Anakin was in a world of trouble when he finally got here. Not only had he not pulled out from that cruiser, not only that but he'd proceeded to land said scrap of a cruiser down in Coruscant while the ship burnt up in the atmosphere of Coruscant. He'd been back barely a few hours and already thanks to this reckless display word had spread and fast to.

In honesty I wasn't mad at him, not very anyway. My hormones just had me on edge, I was worried for him and the others since our comms were cut off long before the crash. All I needed to do was see them all back on the surfaces. This mission had had so many complications, all we needed now was to be reunited.

The war will be over soon...we're almost there...

"...(y/n)...you look as though you might murder Ani, you're not going to are you..?" Padme spoke quietly from beside me resting a hand onto my shoulder. She seemed concerned which really just let me know I was tight by a sterner face than i meant to. Letting out a breath my shoulders relaxed down again and I looked over my shoulder to her.

"I won't promise, I'm not that mad I swear," I replied to reassure her of what was going on in my mind. "I'm just stressed Padme, everything went wrong so fast and...I need to know they're okay, that...he's okay..." I added hanging my head down a bit and leaning it against her shoulder. I was so tired, none of us had slept in so many hours now, I was exhausted it still on my feet. We're soldiers after all.

"...he'll be fine (y/n), Anakin Skywalker always survives," Padme replied as she gently rubbed my back as I leant there against her side.

"I hope you're right..." I replied trying not to cry as again my hormones acted up again. Padme continued to rub circles as my back as she gently embraced me. Satine was looking after Ari so it was just us waiting for the others to arrive again. I hated having to wait for him, to not always be at his side. Anakin was half of my soul, half my heart...I loved him with all my being...

He's the love of my life, from the moment we met I knew. I hope he knows that, I hope he always knows that. I'll never be away from his side, not in my heart at least.

"I love him so much Padme...so, so much..." I mumbled as the senator continued to hold me close in a friendly embrace. Padme truly was family and always would be. She then tapped my shoulder and tucked my hair back behind my ear.

"...why don't you tell him yourself?" She whispered quietly gently pushing me back from her. I looked round and saw the transport arriving, the doors sliding open as the senators approached to greet the Jedi masters. Leaning up onto my toes I watched Bail Organa and the Chancellors bureaucrats welcomed the Jedi back. Anakin stepped out first, followed by my master then Kenobi. No sign of Nial however...

Anakin was speaking with Bail Organa while Kaida stepped aside to speak with one of the officers. I stepped out into the light of the Coruscant sun and smiled towards my husband then gave Obi wan a wave. He didn't seem to be coming over any time soon. Anakin then finished his conversation and jogged over, embracing me lovingly into his arms and immediately diving in for a delicate kiss. Of course I kissed him back, placing my hands up onto his cheeks.

"You're okay? And Ari? Nothing broken?" He asked sounding very concerned as he gently held my face. Of course I immediately nodded swiftly even before fully processing the question. No matter even if we had been put through anything it couldn't possibly be worse than his situation.  His forehead rested to mine I smiled.

"Yes yes, both okay, everyone's okay this end Anakin don't worry about a thing." I replied simply overjoyed to have my husband back in my arms. Watching his face light up was the greatest thing ever. A smile pulled his lips up and his eyes took on that glow so similar to the one I saw in the gaze of our daughter. Again he leant un and hugged me tightly.