twee.

HAZARD,
❨ ii. pieces ❩

╔══════════╗

╚══════════╝

          DARYL DIDN'T EXACTLY feel joyous that they had to accompany the girl. It seemed to him that gathering clothes was actually the very last thing on his to-do list. Following the example of his Uncle Jess, he put his own feelings aside because it was a particularly odd situation.

          A pretty girl without proper attire would surely die with the end of the world rising up to their lives. She was actually an extremely small problem compared to what was in store for them just on their doorstep.

          "Missy," Jess proposed. The girl looked up from her bare feet. "Just hang onto Daryl there. Don't want you getting lost, do we?"

          Daryl eyed his uncle, silently yelling in his face for telling a girl to make physical contact with him. He didn't want the girl getting attached to him, not mentally or physically.

          Then she was. She delicately grasped the clothing on his shoulder. Marley looked at him worriedly, hoping that he wouldn't explode and throw her halfway across the room for touching him.

          Although Daryl was seething inside, he stayed still. He knew his Uncle was just trying to be nice to her. Unfortunately for him, he had to join in.

          They walked out the door and into the front yard. There were about three people, or dead people strolling around.

          Marley couldn't believe what she was seeing. Three "people" sniffed around like wandering dogs. They looked to be something out of a horror movie.

          They were deathly pale, had bloodshot eyes and they're hands shook like it was the winter. When really it was scorching outside. The skin on their faces, despite looking young, seemed to start hanging off the bone of their jaw. All nerves in their faces seemed switched off as they stared vacantly into the air.

          She found herself gripping Daryl's shoulder tighter, her nails digging into her palms through the fabric.

          He looked down the Marley, raising an eyebrow at what she was doing before looking back to the situation at hand.

          Jess raised his crossbow as they walked to the car.

          When one got too close to the man for his liking, he swung at it. All of them heard its neck snap, and its head was stuck looking upwards into the sky. The creature groaned in something other than pain. More like aggravation.