Chapter 3.

Lydia;

"Ross" I knock on his door hoping he will open it

It's silent for a moment until I hear shuffling and thankfully he unlocks the door, I half smile and walk in and he's on his bed flat on his stomach

"Why are you always coming here? All I do is treat you badly now" he mumbles

"Ross, you've always been there for me and now I'm gonna be here for you. I was in the state you were in right now when my mother died and you helped me get through it, now I'm gonna help you and we're gonna get through this together I'm not leaving you Ross, I care for you" I slowly rub his back and he turns his head to face me

"I know" he sighs "It's just it probably hit me harder than it hit you, you lost one parent. I lost both of mine" he says

I look down and bite my lip to keep from crying, I know he's hurt and all but really I was close to my mother, I was closer to her than my father. We did basically everything together, She also died in a car accident last year, it really hurts me that Ross said that, even though he probably didn't mean it, it still hurts that he said that.

"Ugh fuck I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that, I don't even know why I said that" he sits up and pulls me towards him "Look at me" he says and I do

"You know I didn't mean that, I shouldn't of said that I know it really hurt you and I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Ross questions and I nod

"Im alright, it's okay" I reassure him with a smile "I got to go, my father told me to be home by dinner time. If you wanna go you can" I get up and he shakes his head

"No I need to think about a few things, but thank you for the offer" he tells me

......

Ross;

For what if feels like forever I finally go downstairs and when I do I see my friend Ellington on the couch comforting my older sister Rydel who's crying on his chest, I know exactly how shes feeling right now and I don't like her experiencing the feeling I felt, she's my sister and I want that annoying perky giggly Rydel back. She's mainly the one who kept r5 going, we were close.

"Hey bud, how are you feeling?" Ellington asks me

"Better I guess, I'm gonna go and get some fresh air" I tell him and he nods and goes back to comforting my sister. The cold air hits me when I walk outside and I curse at my self for not bringing a warm jacket. I know I told Lydia that I wouldn't show up at dinner but I feel like I should just to get out, after all it's the least I could do after what I had said to her, she's always there for me and I love her for that.

Since her house is only right next to mine I'm there in seconds, I knock at the door and then I realize I should've at least changed before I left. It's too late now and it's just Lydia she wouldn't mind, she's since me in worse.

The door opens and it reveals her dad standing there, he smiles when he sees me "So you finally decided to come, your just in time come in" he gestures for me to come in an I do, when I walk in I smell great food, I don't know what it is but I know it would be good. I haven't eaten in forever and my stomach is grumbling.

"She's upstairs, she'll be happy that you came" her dad tells me and I nod and head up to her room, I knock and she mumbles a 'come in' and when I do I see her on her bed with a picture in her hand and she's crying, I don't like it when she cries. I go over and sit down beside her. There in her hands was a picture of her and her mother smiling in the picture, it must've been tooken when she was younger.

"I miss her so much" she tells me and leans her head on my shoulder for comfort.

"I know" I say "I miss them too, but their in a better place now" I half smile

"Here I am telling you that you'll get over it soon but yet here I am sitting here crying wow I'm sorry" she says wiping her eyes

"Don't be, it's rough and you have every reason to be upset about it. She was your mom she took care of you ever since you were born and how could you not miss her? You shouldn't be sorry Lydia I know exactly how it feels"

She smiles at me "I love you Ross" she tells me

"I love you too Lyd" I smile

That's the thing about us, we're close like that we can exchange 'I love you' s but in a friendly way not in that way, we've basically known each other since we were kids. Yeah we have tried to date before but it didn't work out because of r5 touring and my busy schedule it never worked out so we agreed to just stay friends until maybe later.

But really I don't want to change a single thing about our friendship, we both care for each other and I don't want anything to get in the way or ruin the close relationship we both have, we have agreed before that if we ever date again and we break up that we'll still promise to stay friends.

......

A/N

Hey how many of you ship Ross and Lydia together and hope they'll get together soon? :)

( I put a picture on the side of what Lydia looks like, and yes that is Camila Cabello from fifth harmony I love her haha)

And omfg rydellington is confirmed I am not okay I just akdidfjf my otp is finally confirmed.

Do you guys like this story because like nobody really votes or comments on here...

But I do have to say I enjoy writing this book haha.

At least 2 comments+ and I'll update! if I don't get that many that's fine I just wanted to try that!

~Ashleyxx