ix. spiderman pt.2

CHAPTER NINE
Spider-Man pt. 2
{🖇}
                ┕

KALANI AND Peter walked along a long bridge, the weather was nice and the smell of the river underneath them created an peaceful aura.

"I'm glad we're doing this" Peter told her.

Kalani smiled "yeah, this place is honestly beautiful. So, where are we going?"

Their hands slowly touched, connecting at their pinkies "uh- it's a surprise. But first, there's this thing that I uh- I've been wanting to tell you about"

The two stopped, "go ahead" Kalani encouraged.

"So you know how it's our last night in Europe? I had this plan where I was gonna tell you— I'm just gonna tell you" Peter pulled something out of his pocket it was a black circled box with flowers sewed in.

"Kalani, I- I've had a huge crush on you for awhile, well practically since I first met you. Your sweet and your smart and I love how you treat others with respect even if they don't deserve it, I'm—"

"Your also Spider-Man"

A moment of silence circled around the duo, Kalani knew she liked the awkward boy back, but something was holding her back. She didn't know what and she wanted it gone. Kalani didn't have time to think before she told him how she knew he was Spider-Man, it was like a forceful statement came out of her

"What- no Lani. I'm not Spider-Man" Peter stuttered

"So your a male escort?"

"Lani! No I'm not a male escort- why would you think that I'm Spider-Man"

"Well you disappear all the time, and when you do Spider-Man comes out. And when you ditched me today? Spider-Man was out Peter."  Kalani reasoned.

"No- just today I felt sorta sick so I went back to the hotel. And it's just coincidences that I disappear and he comes out— how do you even know it's a guy?" Peter tried explaining

"The suits looks tight—"

"What?"

"Yeah, Spider-Man's suit is tight. It's like black widows— which may I add. Do you know her? Because if you do please hook me up" Kalani rambled.

Peter rolled his eyes "I'm not hooking you up with Nat—"

"Bingo! You know her name, that has to mean your Spider-Man" (literally do not come at me for this I know nothing about whether everyone knows black widows real name or not so let's pretend they don't)

"I'm not Spider-Man"

"You ditched me today and went to fight that thing! I saw you- you have to be Spider-Man" Kalani groaned, why wouldn't he just admit it.

"I just told you I was feeling sick! So you didn't see my fight anyone. And on the news the thing was called the night money" Peter told her.

"The night monkey?"

"Yeah that's what it said on the news. And the news never lies" The boy shrugged his shoulders.

"What about that one time where the news said that Australia is fake and that it's a scam"

"What news company do you watch?"

"Anything that shows up on my grandmas tv?— night monkey is honestly a stupid name." Kalani quickly remembered something in her bag, she turned around picking it up.

"Well does night monkey and Spider-Man use the same webs?" Kalani pulled out two gadgets one that had night monkeys webs and another that had Spider-Man's. They looked the exact same.

"I mean maybe? Maybe he's spidermonkey. Who knows" Peter told her "hey— we're you just watching me.. because you thought I was Spider-Man?"

There it is again, the feeling of being held back. She wanted to say no, that she was watching him because it was Peter, the boy she knew she loved. But her head was telling her to say yes, it was better for them both.

"No.. yeah. I don't know, i was suspicious of you but— "

"So you were only watching me because I was Spider-Man." Peter now had a sad look.

"No! I just" it was there again, why was she feeling this. "Peter- I really like you, and no I wasn't watching you because you were Spider-Man. I was watching you because your you."