Nine

ARABELLA

I feel my heart drop.

I squeak and turn around to face them. "I- you- what?"

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.

They look around at each other with different expressions and vibrant blue hair guy looks back at me, speaking slower. "Come sit with us sweet face."

I feel my cheeks heat up as I bite my lip and think.

"I have work..." I turn around and look at the register.

"Can someone fill you in?" He asks and I nod, I walk back to the staff room and look around for a certain red head.

"Kim! Can you work my shift for me please! I will give you some of my payment."

I watch as she rolls her eyes but nods as she walks out the room.

I hurry my way back to the boys and scoot into the booth with these.

I blush even more when I realize I have to sit beside Rico. I sit beside him and feel our legs brush against one another.

Breathe.

"So sweet face, since we haven't introduced each other, we might as well." He chuckles and I look down at my lap.

Imagine what Adam would do if he saw me.

Hit you.

I feel my lip wobble at the thought.

"My name is Jayden." He waves at me and I shyly wave back at him. Jayden.

"I-I'm Thomas." The youngest boy says and I wave at him.

"Xavier." The one with the Afro says.

I try to stop making eye contact with the man beside me but I can't help but steal quick glances, thinking back to the night we slept in the same bed.

Adam.

I remind myself this over and over. Maybe I am a bad person. I'm thinking about another man. I'm such a bad girlfriend.

"Since we never exchanged names before, my name is Louis." The British boy says and I nod at him, he has a pretty name.

"Um... So how are you guy's day going...?" I awkwardly say after a moment of silence and they burst out laughing.

Except for Rico. He doesn't laugh.

"You are so funny sweet face!" Jayden chuckles as the group starts to talk to each other.

I feel a bit shy in the situation so I just sit back and watch as they all drink their coffees and talk about simple things such as hobbies or work.

I laugh at some of the things they say and the feeling of laughing is different. Foreign.

I shift a little and wince when I feel pressure on my bruise from last night. The table stops laughing and they turn to me.

"You okay sweet face?" Jayden asks with a worry tone and I nod.

"Don't worry about me. Now, what did you say about the goat in Walmart?" I try to change the subject and they all totally forget about what happened and talk about the Walmart story.

I relax into the seat but tense back up when I feel a breath against my ear.

"What happened?"

I turn my head and stop breathing when I realize how close I am to Rico's face. He backs away.

"Nothing happened... Don't worry about it." I wave it off but he doesn't seem convinced.

He reaches over to touch me but I grab his wrist before he can. He scowls at me and I grip it harder.

"I said nothing happened." I tried to say with a confident voice but it came out more as a whisper. 

"You can't expect me to believe that." His eyes trail to my wrist and I look to see my sleeve had lifted up. I quickly let go of his wrist and pulls the sleeve down.

I feel my heart beat increase each second as Rico looks down at me with a line between his eyebrows.

"Bella..." he looks at me with worry in his eyes and I get up before he can start talking.

"I-I have to get back to work but thank you for inviting me over guys. I hope to see you soon." I put on a fake smile and walk into the back room to grab my things and leave.

I can't stay in here for any longer.

~

When I arrive home, the smell of food hits my nostrils.

Adam is cooking?

I walk into the kitchen and see Adam humming to a song while he cooks something on a pan.

"Hey." I say in a soft voice, he spins around when he hears my voice.

"Ara... Aren't you supposed to be home later?" He says and I notice how worried he looks.

"Is something wrong darling? You look a little nervous." I say with a frown and he just shrugs.

"Why don't you go hang out with some of your friends and come back later." He states with a worry tone and that's when I feel the air get colder.

I look around the living room and kitchen.

"Is someone here Adam?" I look over at him with a frown on my face and he scoffs.

"No, why? I'm not the cheater in this relationship, you are." He says with a slightly loud voice and I look down at my feet.

"But-" I get cut off by a high pitched voice.

"Adam baby, your stupid girlfriend didn't have any cute clothes. Is dinner almost done?"
My head snaps towards the stairs where I see a tall blonde girl walk down the stairs, the complete opposite of me.

Her pin straight blonde hair falls perfectly against her back, she has on tight clothes making her hourglass figure and boobs pop out, she has a bunch of makeup on but somehow still look beautiful.

She looks like everything Adam wanted me to be.

"Oh..." she spots me and her smiles disappeared.

"A-Adam..." I turn to him but he just shows anger. I would suspect he would be angry at himself or whoever this girl is but then I realize he is mad at me.

"Lilly, baby, this is the idiotic girlfriend I told you about." He smirks at me and I feel tears well up in my eyes.

I knew he would cheat, but seeing it first-hand feeling a hundred time more worse than what I imagined in my mind.
—————————————————————————