chapter ten: waking up

Hiccup p.o.v

I was starting to have those dreams again this one was different because I ... I was crying, I had to be around ten years old and I was hugging a white haired boy who I'm guessing was Dryden we was both crying at first I wasn't sure why untill drydens parents entered, his father and mother both had pitch black hair and were very buff.

"Dryden come on now!!" His mother yelled grabbing Dryden by the arm "nooo ... I don't want to leave" Dryden cried as he held onto me, "we don't care what you want we are looking out for the clan ... We are looking out for our people we don't want to keep dying to dragons" his father shouted slapping him over the head.

But before the dream could end I quickly woke up I was still under her wing and dryden was still out cold on my leg but the star like scales she had produced were now glowing white allowing us to see, angel was looking down at Dryden in anticipation almost as if she knew something was going to happen so I did the same.

Seeing dryden asleep so peacefully and not looking stressed makes him look slightly adorable and his hair is soft looking I had the urge to touch his snow white hair, for some odd reason I felt my face burn up wait what am I thinking he's a guy I can't be having these thoughts like this anyway I like Astrid have always liked Astrid this is just a phase.

Dryden p.o.v

I felt that this darkness was never going to end but I was wrong I could see a white light in the distance, was this it was I dead and am I heading to Valhalla for the rest of eternity but when I finally reached the white light I found not Valhalla but the beautiful face of angel and the feeling that I had been hit over the head by a rock, I looked up at angel and I realized I was laying next to her with her wings protecting me.

"Hey angel" I said lifting a hand up to her face, angel began to lick my hand aggressively I loved the attention but it's now I felt my neck was feeling stiff "what happened?" I asked angel but I didn't receive a reply from angel but someone else "you got saved after getting hit", I screamed the loudest I have ever screamed in my whole life as I practically jumped out of fear and if it wasn't for angels wing I probably would have been standing up.

I turned to look at who had spoke and I was slightly surprised to see hiccup leaning against angels belly "have I been ... Laying ... On your lap this entire time?" I asked the feeling of heat rushed into my face, "yeah you have ... But I don't mind ... You was injured and still are so if you want to go back to sleep I can leave" hiccup said but I was confused then I remembered.

"Ah the war ... What happened to kaan? Is bluey safe? Is the island safe? .... Ahhh my brain hurts" I was rushing so much I started making my head hurt even more "I do not know what happened to kaan but they ended up leaving the island so bluey is safe and so is the island" hiccup had sat up more and crawled closer to me "now take a break you got hit over the head and need some sleep you need to heal" hiccup stated putting a hand on my shoulder.

It's now that I realized that everytime I moved I had used my right leg so I looked down at my foot and was surprised to see a peg leg, it was exactly like hiccups indesign with some dust on it but still I couldn't believe I was able to move, "oh yeah whilest you was out I put that on you ... It will help with walking without needing angel" hiccup smiled at me which only made me get hotter "oh ... How did you get past her anxiety? ... She usually attacks anyone or thing that gets close to my missing foot" I asked as I crawled over to angel and gave her a hug.

"I showed her that I also was missing a foot and that the new part was there to help" hiccup explained wearing a proud smile on his face, suddenly the door of the building swung open and it revealed the blond haired girl angel started to growl still not over the axe situation "ah great he's awake so can he get back to what he was doing we go back to what we was doing and everything goes back to normal" Astrid said leaning on the door frame while glaring at me.

"He's injured plus this used to be his home" hiccup replied I then looked at him confused, was we at berk and could hiccup be telling the truth about dragons and peace I needed to see so I stood up and took a step forwards with my new leg ... ... ... Well I tried to walk with it but the second I applied pressure I fell over and if angel wasn't there I probably would have fell flat on my face "thanks angel ... Come on ..." I groaned as I felt a slight bit of pain run down my back.

"Wait no ... Stop you can't leave now" hiccup said rushing to me and even giving me a shoulder to lean against, "who said I was leaving ... Little miss bossy doesn't scare me ... I want to see berk ... That's if that's where we are?" I asked looking into hiccups green eyes "I'm not bossy" the girl said but I didn't reply as I found myself caught up in hiccups eyes.

I shook out of my gaze and continued to walk forwards "yep we are on berk and it's healthy and a dragon Viking utopia" hiccup stated as we walked passed the girl "so mind telling me who bossy is before I make her angrier?" I asked and hiccup chuckled, "I doubt she's angry but her name's Astrid she's a pretty good looking, smart and charming when she wants to be" hiccup went on, I could see the love in his eyes the more he talked about her the more love filled his eyes.

"And she also can be a bit bossy" he continued as we walked away from the building and towards the village of berk with Astrid close behind, "ok ... Ok I get it you two are love birds ... A match made in Heaven ... Star cross lovers" I stated giving him a pat on the back he went bright red before responding "we aren't together and we aren't a thing" hiccup whispered as he looked over our shoulders "could have fooled me" I said as I stopped walking.

Hiccup let go of me as I looked around and surprisingly to me he was right there was dragons and Vikings walking together like friends there was feeding areas, it looked welcoming instead of fearful I was always too scared to return I had the ability to because of angel but I never did.

"Wow ... I thought you was lying about berk been a place for Vikings and dragons but it appears you wasn't" I mentioned as I took a limp forwards almost falling over but with a slight help with angel I saved myself from falling "this is sooo cool ... You're all friends there aren't any Vikings fighting dragons" I looked around like a child seeing there gifts on there birthday.

"I wished I could stay here for ever ... It looks like a dream ... A world I wished was true everywhere" I looked to hiccup with tears in my eyes, "well you can stay if you want" hiccup said as Astrid walked up next to here "that's if you can be respectful" she said crossing her arms "isn't that the lizard calling the dragon scaly" I retorted which caused Astrid to try and swing her fists at me but angel was there to stop here.

"Come on you two can't you get along" hiccup said stepping in-between angel and Astrid, "anyway ... Thanks for the offer hiccup but ... This place ... It isn't my home" I tried not to cry "the island I lived on is my home and this is your home" I started to hug angel she helped me calm my nerves that were through the roof but they were different ... I was in love.

"But I must repay the favour some how? You saved me and my team of riders" hiccup looked to me in hope that this would convince me to stay, "I ... I'd like to be apart of this squad of riders of yours?" I asked and hiccups face lit up when I finished speaking "great ... We needed help finding a new island to create a hiding place for this relic we are calling the dragons eye" hiccup explained.

And this was the end of my first major chapter of my life and now I was trying to fit back into berk and hopefully with the help of hiccup we can make everywhere a dragon sanctuary.