{Yeji} - when the vlive doesn't actually get turned off - part two

The sound of your phone incessantly ringing woke you up from your sleep.

When you opened your eyes, you saw that the sun was starting to rise just now and your head was comfortably resting on Yeji's chest, just as you had when you fell asleep hours ago.

You saw that it was your manager calling and for a moment, you thought that maybe the schedule for the day had been shifted around or that you got the time for practice mixed up and you were late.

But it was much, much worse than you thought.

"Hello?"

Your eyes went wide and you shook Yeji's shoulder, causing her to groan before she opened her tired eyes.

"What? How can that be?" You asked and Yeji gazed at you in worry, wondering why you seemed so frantic. "Yeji turned the vlive off, I watched her tap the button!"

Her heart was pounding as she sat up, knowing that something was obviously very wrong.

"Okay, we'll be there in a few."

You ended the call before looking at Yeji with eyes full of worry and fear.

"What is it? What's going on?"

"That was our manager. He said that the vlive wasn't turned off. Everyone saw us kiss last night. It's everywhere."

"No, that's impossible." She said before she reached for her phone and opened Twitter.

And, to her shock, she saw that your names were trending at #1 worldwide and upon clicking on it, she saw the photos and videos being spread everywhere from fan accounts and news sources.

She swore under her breath before burying her head in her hands as you got up and got changed into your sweats and a comfortable sweater.

"It's all my fault. I'm so sorry, y/n."

"Yeji," you softly spoke as you walked to her side. "I'm not upset. I was shocked, of course. Just as you are, I'm sure. But I'm not upset or anything. I promise."

She took a deep breath before kissing your lips softly.

"You need to get ready. We have to go. They're having a meeting. and he doesn't know what will happen."

She nodded and got up before getting dressed and brushing her teeth with you before you grabbed your things and walked out the door.

The ride to the building was extremely nerve-wracking.

But you felt a little more at ease with Yeji holding your hand the whole way there, gripping it tightly to bring you both some much-needed comfort.

It was a reminder that whatever was ahead, you would face it together.

When you arrived, you got out of the car and went up to join the meeting.

"Everything will be okay." She promised as you both took a deep breath and opened the door to the room, walking in together, hand in hand.

"Y/N, Yeji. Sit down." Your manager spoke.

Around the table were a few familiar faces. But the one that intimidated you the most was that of the CEO.

"So, you're aware of the surprise we all had this morning?"

"It was a surprise to us as well," Yeji spoke up, chuckling nervously.

"This isn't a laughing matter. You girls should know better. This is serious. Everyone is talking about this. You can't be too careful, you know anything can go wrong with the position that you're in!'

You hung your head and Yeji squeezed your knee in comfort.

"We know. We swear, we never meant for that to happen."

"Yeah, y/n's right. Look, I swear to you that I thought the vlive was turned off. We are not that careless. Everyone knows that."

"We do know that. But what I don't understand is why you girls thought dating would work out in the first place. You're in the same group. Things like that don't happen."

"Yes, they do." You said. "With all due respect, we're adults and we know what we want and don't want with our lives. Being an idol is hard and sometimes, you need someone to lean on. No one knows that better than the members of the group you're part of."

"We never planned this. We just... fell in love. It happened. We never meant any harm to the reputation of the group or the company. We know we have a lot of responsibility and it's  hard to maintain a relationship, especially in a position like this. But we know what we want and what we want is each other."

The CEO sighed as he looked around at everyone then back at you and Yeji.

"Do you genuinely believe you can make this work? I'm not trying to be controlling, girls. I don't want to be mean. But I don't think you realize how many people think this won't work between you."

"Then let us prove them wrong. We know we can." Yeji said.

"Are you serious about each other? Do you see this relationship blossoming into something more? Do you believe, with your entire hearts and souls, that you might be the one for each other? Or are you two just fooling around? Are you just trying to see what works? Are you just lonely and filling the emptiness for each other?"

"No. We're serious." You said.

He sighed before staring at the two of you.

"You have to be more careful. We can't have any more mistakes like this, especially not anything more serious. Things can go very wrong. I know you two are careful and I know you care about being idols and I know you care about your fans but realize that not everyone has good intentions. There are a lot of people hoping that you'll fail, as individuals, idols, and now as a couple. That's the awful way that the world works. Don't let this happen again. Prove them wrong."

"So, we don't have to break up?" You asked with hopeful eyes.

"No. As long as you can focus and stay dedicated to the group, then things will work out. As long as you can stand on stage and focus on more than just each other and still work hard as you need to, then things will be okay. Fall in love, be happy, but please remember that you're still idols and you still have to be careful, even now that the world knows you're dating."

"We'll be careful, we swear." You said.

"Yeah, trust us when we say nothing like this is ever going to happen again. Next time, we'll make sure the vlive gets turned off." Yeji promised with a giggle.

"I like the sound of that." He said, smiling. "Stay away from social media for a few days and no vlives during that time either. Just to let things settle down. If things get too out of hand, we'll make sure that people pay the price for it. We'll sue. But for the time being, lay low and be careful."

"Okay." You smiled.

"I assume we don't need to say anything unless we have to take legal action if people say things that are not appropriate. You want the world to know? We don't need to put out a statement and try to get everything taken down?"

"No. We're relieved that we don't have to hide."

"But we will be careful, swear it!" Yeji promised and everyone chuckled.

"Good. You're free to go. Practice starts in a few. Get some water and prepare for that. Have a good day."

You and Yeji exited the room and made sure no one was around before sharing a passionate kiss.

"See, my love? I told you everything would be okay." She smiled as she brushed her nose against yours.

You pulled her in for another kiss, so happy that everything worked out well and that you were able to stay together, just as you both wanted.