〖Chapter Twenty-Two〗

"Kyaaa! Help!... Help me!"

A lady screamed as she was being chased by a different demon when Rio suddenly appeared and strike his sword, cutting the demon in half.

The woman saw this as he quickly thanked the young man.

Rio just nodded without saying anything as the lady quickly run away from the scene.

Rio then looked around to see if there's still a demon around when he saw a demon not far away and was about to attack it when he was stopped by marco.

"Stop! Stop! Stopppp! Don't kill it!... Well, it was already dead to begin with but please don't chop it to cubes! " Marco pleaded after he saw the blue haired guy was about to attack one of his puppet coripse.

He get to kill one demon with the dead giant snake in his staff and decided to also control the dead demon.

Necromancers are still not welcome in this empire so he needed to not let his presence be known yet.

"Okay.." Rio shortly said before withdrawing his sword back to it's place.

The necromancer sighed in relief as he slumps on the ground like a dead fish.

Rio just looked at him with a confused look when he felt a familiar presence nearing them.

Yuriel arrived and can't help but to blankly stare at a certain individual.

"What are you doing, Marco." He said as he saw the necromancer laying on the ground.

"Rio tried to kill the demon i contro--"

"Rio, turn it into cubes."

Rio who heared what the latter said, nod his head before pulling his sword again.

"Ehhh?! Why--" the necromancer didn't get to finish his words when the sword successfully cut the dead demon into cubes.

"Done." Rio spoke with his blank face but Yuriel and marco saw the proud look on his eyes.

The latter just shrug while the necromancer was crumbling.

Yuriel saw how the necromancer wanted to have a dead demon in his collection but it might give them a problem later.

"You can have a demon in your collection next time, Marco... But not now. It's too risky." He comforted the necromancer which seems to work as he saw his face lightening up.

He just chuckled and started to walk to where the powerful demon is.

The two followed the latter as they head to the bloody battlefield of many knights and a demon killing them without mercy.

He can't blame them though. It's the demon who killed dozens of citizens in this empire. The novel did say it's weakness but it's in the deepest part of the body of the demon.

Cutting its body part won't do any damage at all since it will just regenerate back to it's normal form in just a minute.

The only way you can kill it is by crushing the crystal inside it's body. But it's not that easy.