4

Haven't proofread it. Point out mistakes gently.

~

My heartbeats were beating at a speed they shouldn't be beating at. My thoughts were all over the place and the littlest of skin where his fingers brushed were on fire, like a lava. Those warm brown eyes told everything even when no words were spoken. I hate to see him sad and I hate it more because my cousin is the reason.

"I... don't have a boyfriend." I mumbled, trying to back off from the territory that wasn't mine.

Because it hurts.

It hurts to see someone you love and admire so close yet so far and I didn't want to cross any lines that would create a tumble in their smooth sailing relationship.

But how do I avoid this feeling when his lips were just inches away?

"Hypothetically?" His voice sounded husky being so close and whispering, his fingers pulling me tight against his body not letting me move away an inch.

"I wouldn't have agreed to be your girlfriend for twenty four hours if I had a boyfriend." His grip loosened and with a sad smile as he replied, "That's what I am talking about."

He walked in the house with me trailing behind. The atmosphere around us had dropped down tremendously after this with Jackson having no idea and making all those little talks, giving out more filming ideas, making a few jokes here and there and just talking on and on and on. He was a fun personality to be with and I could see us being close friends given that we hang out together, but I don't think I'll be seeing the much of him after today.

"Yo, Talon, did you talk to Celeste about the part you guys gotta film together?" Ah, sensitive topic.

"No." Talon said in a clipped tone.

"It's tonight man." Jackson added making Talon look up with so much sadness in his eyes and just his aura in general that I wanted to do nothing more but hug him and take all his pain away.

"I'll... talk to her soon." With that said he walked away and now it was my turn to confront Celeste and make her realise her stupid mistake.

I was pretty sure that she did it just for the views and to create hype for the video, but sometimes you got to do it for your man than your viewers.

"I'll be right back. I just have to make this small call." I explained Jackson with a short smile and walked out of the house, not wanting anyone else to hear our conversation.

She picked up on the third ring, indicating she wasn't filming right now. Her voice sounded breathless when she said 'hello' as if she was laughing hard right before picking up this phone, "C, I need to talk to you about something. Is Drew around?"

After a short pause, she replied, "Now he is not, what did you want to talk about?"

"Your recent Instagram picture." Hope she gets the hint, but sometimes she can be, err, dense.

"It's cute, isn't it?!" Her overly excited voice made me realise that she was indeed, dense at the moment.

"It is very much cute, but—" She started going on and on and on about how they had Starbucks and Ben and Jerry's before that picture and how they had so much fun filming and spending time together and how Drew was such a gentleman before I could even finish my damn sentence.

"BUT it's not Talon, C!" This made her stop her rant.

"What do you mean?" Now we were back on track, good.

"The picture would have been cute if it was with Talon, but it's not. Do you realise how many things are wrong with you firstly being so close with Drew in the first place and secondly uploading that damn picture on social media without having any fucking knowledge on how YOUR FUCKING BOYFRIEND WOULD FEEL IF HE SEES THAT PICTURE?!" So much for keeping my voice at bay.

Oh heavens, this girl had made me lose my mind which mind you, I don't lose very often.

"Oh, shit, I am so sorry! I didn't even realise it." I shook my head at her stupidity and continued, "It's not me you should be apologising to,C,  plus how would you feel if I get all touchy touchy with your man? He trusted you with one of his close friends, not make him regret it." She was smart enough to understand the underlying meaning, if I wasn't clear already.

After bidding goodbye, I locked my phone putting it in the back pocket of my jeans, but as soon as I turned, my heart almost skipped a beat. There stood Talon in all his glory, looking amused and sad all at the same time and the way he was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed across his chest, I could bet my life that he had heard upon our conversation.

But oh, those arms!

I was truly blessed.

"It's rude to sneak up when others are on a call." I said as I made my way towards him.

"I was looking for you to when I found you talking on the phone with my girlfriend. I was merely waiting for you to end the call." He replied.

"And you couldn't have waited inside the home?" Please don't smile Talon, you are making me nervous.

"Skipped my mind." He shrugged with an amused expression on his face.

I liked him this way, smiling.

"How were you so sure that I was talking to your girlfriend? I could have been talking with anyone." I questioned and now I was standing on the doorstep.

"I would like to believe that I am that fucking boyfriend you were talking about." My cheeks turned pink in embarrassment as I pushed him out of the way and walked in the house with my hands hiding my face.

Heavens, why does he make me blush so easily?

I hate that.

"Thank you, Alana." He said matching my quick strides and walking beside me.

"For?"

"For making her realise my feelings and..." He trailed off after that, not even bothering to hide that cute little smirk on his face.

"And?" I asked again.

"and for making her take down that damn picture."

Oh heavens!

"Stop." I mumbled against my hands which helped me hiding my face from him.

His melodious voice filled my ears as he gently held my fingers and pried them off my face before mischievously adding, "What were you saying about being touchy touchy?"

Dear land, take me in.

•••••••

Thank you for all the support.