GUILTY (4/5) || 13

december 14; 11:10 hrs

"advocate jeon, welcome. is everything okay?"

jungkook stares at the man, his lips stretching into a meaningless smile to recieve a very similar one from the police officer. from the corner of his eyes, he can see taehyung skimming through some files and yoongi talking on the phone, looking ready to leave the place on the slightest command.

"of course," he walks over to the desk, taking a seat uninvited and smirks when kang leo keeps standing and struggles to read along his intentions. "have a seat, officer. it's your area, i'm not of much power here. so please don't be scared."

kang scowls at the mocking, leaning on the table top with his eyes throwing daggers at jungkook, "what are you here for?"

"nothing, can't i just pay a visit?" jungkook smiles at the man, leaning back on his chair as he appeared to rest his body with comfort and places his feet on the top of the table, right near kang's face. "can i get a coffee or something?"

"you–"

"please get two, in fact." jungkook chuckles, glancing at one of kang's men and nods for him to follow the order.

"jeon, drop the act and tell me what do you want?"

the advocate shuffles in the chair, whistling casually as his eyes inspect the hall before gradually stopping at kang leo's face. he's standing up straight probably humiliated on having jungkook's feet in front of his face, but he never backs off with the the icy glare making jungkook hiss softly.

"what do i want..." he pretends to think, "let's make a guess, officer. money? your job? this case? or maybe... your wife?" he leans forward to whisper the last with a smirk, "i've heard she's quite alluring, am i wrong officer kang? i mean, you'd know it better right?"

"jeon!" the man growls, clasping the collar of jungkook's shirt in his hands, "don't you fucking dare get my family into this!"

"and what about what you did?" jungkook gives him a displeased look, "dragging my sister in this, and then my brother too."

"i didn't," he states firmly, staring at him dead in the eyes, "they were involved."

"you have a daughter too right?" jungkook plays again, smirking mischievously as he frees himself from the policeman's hands, "how old is she? fifteen?"

"i swear to god i'll kill you if you fucking lay a finger on my family,"

jungkook laughs at the threatening and stands up facing kang as he straightens his shirt and gives an assuring smile, "i want nothing but truth. if you can give me that, great. if not, i have other ways." before kang says anything, jungkook is already taking a step back, not interested in talking anymore.

the man from earlier returns with two cups of hot coffee, making jungkook smile as he takes one and tells to give the other cup to leo. "cheers, officer kang." he chimes, raising his cup in the air and walks out, heading to his car as he throws the coffee in the trash instead of drinking it.