chapter 29

guess who got covid? me. — author

———

The next few hours you spent went by like a blur of laughter, sharing secrets and doing weird things like having Camilo wear his mother's favourite dress. (He enjoyed it.) Despite the weird magical gift issue they were having, you all still managed to enjoy the little sleepover Antonio had organized.

Now you were buried 2 feet deep in blankets in between Mirabel and Isabela. However like all good sleepovers, the three of you weren't tired in the slightest. You three just stared into the leafy ceiling above you. You broke the silence first. "We should sleep." You say, trying your hardest to sound sleepy so they'd sleep, then you'd sleep. Mirabel sniffed. "I guess, but I can't really help but think about the candle crisis." Isabela hummed in agreement.

"It's hard to sleep when you're thinking about the fact that the one thing that kept this town together is malfunctioning." You could hear faint snoring coming from the other side of the tree branch. Camilo, dead asleep. Mirabel shifted a little under the blanket. "Once this whole crisis is averted, let's all take a huge nap under a huge blanket," She yawned, "And not wake up for three days." You had to admit that did sound good. 

After words were exchanged, you faded off to sleep, sandwiched in between two talented and beautiful girls you were proud to call your friends.