Chapter Thirty-seven

Sam Lewis 🥵

  Come in.

Those two words said with power were enough to send chills down my spine. The bad vibes kind of chill.

I breathed deeply, pushing the door open and then I stepped inside.

  "Close the door." Connor ordered without looking up when I left the door ajar and proceeded to take steps forward.

Shit I thought he wouldn't notice.

I closed it in spite of my instincts screaming otherwise and stayed rooted at my spot.

  "You good?"

"Y– yeah."I stammered, sweat sliding the side of my head.

Connor was lying on his stomach on the lower bunk bed at the right side of the room.

The fact that he was in nothing but boxers had me wanting to dash out without delay.

He looked up from his laptop, glancing from me to the plastic bag in my hand.

"Why you standing over there? Come sit."

I shook my head, my heart threatening to jump out of my ribcage.

  "Um I brought your potato chips..."

"Let me have it?"he said more of a question and stretched his palm.

I looked around nervously, my eyes falling on the table in front.

"I'll just... leave it here. Y– you're welcome."I said, turning to leave.

"Where the hell are you going!" Connor bellowed.

"Have I dismissed you? Or did I tell you to leave it on the table? Bring it here at once!"

I wiped the sweat forming on my forehead, my legs feeling like jelly. "You see, I gah work to do that's why —"

"Come sit here with me,"he said in a tone that left no room for argument,"now. You should know better than to be making up excuses. And for heaven's sake,shun that practiced voice already!"

  I retrieved the potato chips bag from the table, gulping at the wildness of his eyes.

I took steps timidly towards him and secretly checked if my phone was intact. Just in case, I could call 911.

Connor patted the space beside him,"sit."

I obeyed but made sure to leave an innocent space between us which meant I only perched at the foot of the bed.

"Um, have it."

"Thanks darlin',"he smirked, taking it out of my hand and immediately tearing it open.

He sat up, popping some into his mouth.

"But next time try to buy a much larger one. What do you take me for to be buying inexpensive things for me?"

Patience Lord, patience.

"Anyway,"Connor shrugged his eyebrows, facing me properly with his legs crossed comfortably beneath him.

"What, come closer. Why you looking like that. Are you scared of me?"

"Not at all."I wouldn't give him that satisfaction, guys. "If you don't mind, I really want to go back to my dorm—"

"Funny."he gritted out.

"I said what I said when I called you. You're staying here with me tonight. My roommates already found a place to crash and won't be back until tomorrow."