Brother's Keeper

This is the final chapter, let's cry together. Don't forget to leave a vote if you enjoyed :)

Light graciously poured into the room, filling it up with sunlight. The scent of the hospital was filling up your nose with a strong aroma of alcohol and medical equipment.

You sat at his bedside, watching the rays of sunlight hitting the side of his face. His bruises were healing, and the doctor mentioned that although his surgery was successful, he was still in a dire position. They weren't sure if he would wake up soon . . . or ever.

The past five days had felt like the longest of your life. Each day was drearier than the last. As you sat there in the hospital room, you kept staring at Oikawa, turning your eyes away every so often to look out the window.

What if he never wakes up?

The possibilities of what could happen were swarming your mind the same way a murder of crows would around a source of food. A breath you didn't know was barred in your chest for so long past your lips. Your eyes fell over his face again. His hair was grown out, dangling over his forehead, and falling into his eyes. His skin was pale, the contours and soft remnants of purple bruises on his skin resembled the moon's craters.

Although he was in pain before all this, he looked like he was sleeping peacefully now. That's what you liked to think . . . that he was having a nice dream.

Takeda had stepped out for a while, as did the rest your friends. They understood that you might want to be alone with him, just so you could be with him again.

You kept thinking about everything that had happened, and still you had not slept—at least not the way you wished. A night's worth of peace seemed like a distant hope, it would probably never happen again. At least not until Oikawa had woken up—if that would even happen.

You hated waiting. There was probably nothing you despised more than sitting in expectancy. It was as if your soul was molded with the purpose of waiting the rest of your life. Above all, it proved to be exhausting.

Your eyes were lowered, staring at the little designs of sail boats on his hospital gown. It would be nice to get on a boat with him and just sail off. To go somewhere far away where no one could follow you. It was a nice thought, something that almost made you forget about the circumstances.

But where would the two of you go? You always wanted to go to Argentina because of how much he loved it there. Or Canada, you heard it was beautiful there. Maybe you could've gone to Miyagi where he grew up, he might like that. Wait—what're you saying? Forget Japan. You'll sail away with him to Switzerland. Yeah, Switzerland.

"Have you ever had sex in a hospital bed before?"

Your eyes widened. You whipped your head to your right, seeing Oikawa with his eyes opened while beaming at you.

With trembling motions, your jaw dropped before you got up from your chair and threw your arms around him on the bed. You were shaking, not sure if you were the one that was dreaming or not. His arms wrapped around you, pulling you close against him as you broke out into hysterical tears.

"You're here!" you cried.

"I'm here," he laughed.

You let him go and moved back, "Oh my god."

As you looked at his face, you were met by the widest grin you had ever seen, one that you missed so much. He opened his mouth, "You m—"

"Shut up," you cut him off, grabbing the sides of his face as you moved towards him to crash your lips against his. It had been put off for far too long, and the second your lips met his, it felt as if all the puzzle pieces had fell into place.