Chapter Fifteen

"What do you mean, 'she's coming'?" Clint questioned in disbelief.

Yelena shrugged, "I just got a message from her. She said 'we're coming. Be ready.'"

"Shit!" Clint swore, running his hand through his hair, "I need to hide the kids."

The older archer left the room in a hurry: Lucky and Fanny chasing after him.

The team looked at eachother.

"I guess it's a good thing that I finished all of your suits," Shuri grimaced.

"Shuri, you're amazing," Peter sighed as a smile grew on his face.

"I know," she smirked as she stood up and walked towards the door, "are you coming? Your outfits are still outside."

Everyone got up from where they were sitting and followed Shuri outside.

The afternoon sun radiated a golden shine on the surrounding trees as they swayed in the gentle breeze.

The team walked over to the table as Shuri started to hand out the objects and items of clothing.

"This is awesome!" Kate grinned as she looked at her new retractable bow.

"I know right!" Katy agreed as she held her own new bow, "it's so cool."

"Thanks for the upgrades. Everything looks great," Sam grinned.

Shuri smiled, "I'm glad you like it."

"Hey," Clint greeted as he jogged over to the team, "The kids are with laura. She's going to call Fury. They're in the basement. Fanny and Lucky are with them too."

"Good," Yelena nodded, glad that they will be safe.

"I'm going to keep watch of the security system," Clint announced, "you should probably get ready. We don't know when Val's gonna arrive."

"Clint's right," Sam sighed deeply, "let's do this."

_______________________________________________

"How did you manage to do your hair so quickly?" Kate stared at Yelena's intricate braid in awe.

"It's a special talent I have," the assassin shrugged as she fiddled with a knife in her hand.

The young archer looked impressed, "it looks great."

"Thank you, Kate Bishop."

"Hey guys!" Peter's voice sounded as he walked into the room in his Spider-man costume. He had insisted to Shuri that it didn't need anything new, so the princess just upgraded his webs. "You both look awesome!"

"Thanks, Pete," Kate looked down at her outfit. She wore the same suit that Missy the LARPer made for her at Christmas. The archer held her new bow proudly.

"I cannot wait to use this," Yelena stated as she looked at her new batons. She wore a new white suit that was covered in pockets.

"Hey, this is a cool jacket!" Katy beamed as she put it on.

"Oh yeah!" Shuri smirked proudly, "the material has vibranium particles in it. So it is basically an armour jacket."

"That's awesome!"

"I used the same material for my outfit. I also created a spear for myself that can blast energy at the opponent," the princess smiled as she admired her new weapon.

"These wings are amazing," Sam complimented as he picked up his sheild and retracted his wings.

"Thank you," Shuri replied, "they have sharper edges, which makes them more dangerous to enemies. You can also fly much faster now."