nine

nine
of reading

After a week of waiting, Arabella's parents began to pack for their journey to see the Earl. Arabella on the other hand spent the remainder of her days trying to write a letter for her grandfather to read. It had been months since she had the time to compose a letter to him, and she didn't want him to think that she did not care.

As Arabella sat at her desk, she pulled out a quill and a fresh sheet of paper and wondered what to write. She placed the quill on the paper and let the worlds flow.

Dearest Grandfather,

I miss you and I wish you well. I apologise for my lack of letters, Mother has been taking up all my time with preparation for my Debut. Everything is going well currently, I rather enjoy being outside and wearing beautiful dresses. However, I do miss the countryside dearly as I miss you. I miss the old house, it truly is beautiful. I hope you get the chance to live in it forever.

I heard you were ill and I begged Mama to let me travel with her but she refused so I will be staying at the Bridgerton household while Her and Papa come see you. I do hope you write back to me, I wish to hear from you. It has been too long. I'm sending my love.

From Arabella.

She packed away her paper and her quill and placed the latter in the envelope and gave it to her mother to give to the Earl.

Just as Arabella was racing up the stairs the most recent copy of the Whistledown news paper was brought into their home by a maid. Arabella grabbed it with a small thank you and raced up the stairs to her bedroom. She sat on her bed and read what lady Whistledown had read.

LADY WHISTLEDOWN
new edition printers

Dearest Reader,

It is my pleasure to announce that Queens Inaugural ball is taking place exactly 3 weeks for today which gives the ladies of the ton time to dress accordingly to her theme, which is Secret Garden.

I heard the queen has already begun decorating her ballroom. Onto gossip: Connell Deverson, a young bachelor is said to be engaged to a fruitful woman of wealth and posterity, however one cannot describe her as young, being 13 years his senior. Many speculate a baby may be on the way before their wedding date.

The Viscount Leversay and his wife Viscountess Leversay, with their daughter, Arabella were seen having dinner with the Bridgerton family at their home. Perhaps there is a match in the making. Maybe a certain Bridgerton boy has taken an eye to the young beauty.

Our dear Duchess, Daphne Bassest has given birth to her fruitful little young one. It is said that she gave birth almost a month ago but concealed the child until the family could travel to see the baby. I hear Violet Bridgerton is over the moon. Daphne is said to take residence at her family home without her husband, Simon who is travelling for business.

As the middle of the season approaches, this dear reader can only express her disappointment to the lack of courtships turned marriage. I suppose the queen is not to blame, yet we must pose the question who is? With the diamond of the season; Olga Burman having an unlucky streak with the suitors should call us members of the ton to wonder if her majesty chose correctly. 

What we all crave other then new dresses and extravagant parties to attend and of course Whistledown papers is gossip and gossip is borne from marriage, divorce and most of SCANDAL. So one of the women reading this, tighten your corsets and plan your matrimony for this season is drier then Connell Deverson's bank statements before his marriage.