꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘: 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚝 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"WHAT DO YOU WANT NIK?"
Skyler muttered into the phone as she rolled over in bed beside Kol who covered his head with a pillow as he groaned, neither ready to get up yet however just a moment before they were rudely awakened by Skyler's phone. They both knew the only person who ever called her at this god-awful time was Klaus.

Skyler frowned as someone else that was decidedly not Klaus responded, "Rebekah?" She asked confused as she sat up, "Woah slow down. What happened?" She asked as the girl on the other side of the phone raged something to do with Klaus. Like usual.

"He left me!!" Rebekah screamed through the phone, so loud even Kol, with his head still under the pillow, winced, "He left me alone in this wretched town!"

"Why?" Skyler asked confused. That was her mistake. She should've known not to ask that, in fact, she did but she was currently half asleep, okay? Cut her some slack.

"Do you think I bloody know a single thing that goes through his brain?" Rebekah huffed, "Just come here!"

"What?" Skyler asked in shock looking over at Kol who had just taken the pillow off his head.

"Come to Mystic Falls. " Rebekah demanded, "Now!"

Click.

Just like that, Rebekah had hung up. Skyler pulled the phone away from her ear and looked at Kol in shock, "Your sister is... something else."

"You're telling me." Kol said with a chuckle.

"She wants me to go to Mystic Falls." She told him.

Kol nodded, he had heard already, even without trying to he was able to hear the whole conversation, "I know." He responded, "Are you going to go?"

"I don't know." She said letting out a huff as she flopped back onto the bed, her head landing on her pillow beside Kol. "Should I?" She asked, turning on her side to look at him, "Would it be terrible if I stayed here forever?"

Kol hummed, "I don't think I'm the right one to ask about that darling."

She sighed, "Rebekah's going to kill Nik if I don't."

"She will either way." Kol pointed out, "She's been itching for a reason to and he just gave it to her on a silver platter."

Skyler hummed in agreement, looking at him. They both knew how this would end.

"You're going to come to town soon, aren't you?" She asked softly.

Kol reached out, caressing her cheek, "The second my brother gives me the word, I'll be there."

Skyler nodded, "I'll go." She told him, curling into his chest, "But not yet."

Kol nodded in agreement as he wrapped his arms around her, "Okay, gem."

____________

"Brother, " Skyler called as she walked into the Salvatore house, "you're home."

"And so are you." Damon responded walking up to her curiously, drink in hand, "What? The big bad hybrid let you go too?"

Skyler shrugged, remembering that she was supposed to be kidnapped like Stefan except she didn't come back when Stefan did, she left, not wanting to return to Mystic Falls... well ever. But here she was. It seemed this place had a way of bringing you back.

"I guess without Stefan he didn't have much use for me." She told him.

Damon eyed her cautiously, "Right. So he just let you go, just like that?"