chappie eighteen: more confusion

Song suggestions possibly:
Rhinestone Eyes- Gorillaz
Jenny- the studio killers
I will protect you- it's from fruits basket

Maybe I don't like him after all. Yona threw her head back down in her arms with a groan. Her tired (color) eyes could only focus on the empty basket in front of her. She didn't realize how phased out she had been until she tried to reach out and grab a fry, but was met with nothing.

"Yona-chan, are you're not feeling well." The concern in Teruhashi's voice was genuine. Her well groomed eyebrows furrowed in thought and her lips were pouted in a frown. "Is it this place? We can go somewhere else more comfortable!" She fussed.

Her reaction to your well being tugged at your heart. She didn't seem to be looking around for anyone to notice this, her attention was only on you directly. It irked you as it did clutch at your stomach that you began to feel the warmness tingle from your cheeks to the tip of your ears. You didn't like how Teruhashi was able to cause this. You weren't close and having full conversations seemed difficult so you bit your lips and shook you head.

"It's fine, I'm just tired." You look away from her.

"If you say so, but really, if there's anything I can do, let me know." Kokomi encouraged with a sweet smile.

"Will do, Princess." You replied in short, before catching what you had called her. Her face was too innocent looking and nauseatingly precious, reminding you of the blonde haired girl on a game you've played. "Sorry."

Kokomi blushed at the nickname, feeling somewhat giddy by it. Also, a little confused. She's heard other terms of royalty of our praise and affection, but the way you had said it was so casual. And then you apologize as if it were an insult. Kokomi felt like she had been slapped in the face and then given an ice pack from the same person who slapped her. Your dull expression softened as you took a sip of your drink and your gaze drifted to the window. It reminded her of when she had mistaken you calling her cute, but it was the bird you saw. In actuality, it was you who had looked cute with the fascinated expression you wore.

"No worries." She quickly responded, mentally scolding herself for getting flustered. Others admiring her was something she she was used to, not the other way around. Kokomi didn't question her actions as being worried over a friend was the perfect gesture to do. That way you knew that her being there for you would make you feel comfortable and secure your friendship with her, but it was so easy for you to dismiss it that it made feel...disappointed. Should she try more? Offer you another plate of fries? Talk with your more? Ask—-

Before the blue haired girl overwhelmed her mind, you got up with your empty tray and threw it into the bin. Teruhashi stared dumbly as you went on your phone and turned it over and your thumbs tapped on the screen.

Now she's playing on her phone as if I didn't exist! She gawked. It was until you turned the screen over to her and she blinked at the character in front of her. It was a cute looking woman with fair skin, voluminous blonde hair on top, and doe-like blue eyes. She wore an elegant pink dress with white gloves and jewelry to indicate her royalty.

"Oh." Teruhashi hummed, "She's pretty."

"Yeah." You agreed. "You remind me of her."

Kokomi's face brightened. She shifted in her seat with one hand clutching at her heart as her lips quivered, threatening to break out into a beam. Her eyes watched as you put your phone away, resuming to once again look outside, but your left knee was bouncing now. Kokomi held in the joyous smile and simply perched her face onto her hands as she grinned at you.