4: jessica taylor

Amanda

My second day at East Bridge was not any easier.

I managed to dodge Brian in the morning by leaving extra early. My mom questioned me but I just told her it's good to be punctual.

I did feel kind of bad for shutting him out yesterday, but it was for my own good.

...Plus he had hundreds of friends to talk to, he didn't need me.

"Hey, Amanda."

I jumped as Christine tapped my shoulder. I was going to the cafeteria, with my hood up, hoping no one would bother me. Luckily it was only her.

"Oh, hey!"

"Still hiding from Brian's squad?"

I chuckled. "Are those the name of his fans?"

"I just made it up. You coming to lunch?"

"Yeah, I was on my way."

"Don't worry. Things will die down in time. Once the school accepts you're not in love with each other."

"It's just ridiculous, I mean that's obviously not the case. I just moved here! He couldn't fall in love that fast."

"That's true. But you should give yourself more credit. You're gorgeous."

I smiled. "So are you."

We walked into the cafeteria.

Christine led me to a table, where Ethan was already sitting beside a pretty girl with braided hair.

Okay, why was everyone here so attractive?

"Sup guys" Ethan waved.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Naomi!" Christine cheered, hugging the girl. "So nice of you to join us."

"Yeah, I thought I'd bless you all with my presence today." She looked at me. "Who's this pretty girl?"

"Stop it! I was literally about to say you're super pretty. But my name is Amanda."

"So you're the famous Amanda everyone's been talking about."

I made a peace sign with my hands. "That's me."

Naomi laughed. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too!"

"Where's Sammy?" Christine asked as she noticed his backpack on a chair.

"Oh, he's getting lunch," Naomi replied.

"We're one seat short. Sit down, babe. I'll get a chair" Christine insisted.

"You wanna sit on my lap?", Ethan suggested with a smirk.

"I'd rather sit on glass", Christine smiled sarcastically, before walking away.

We all laughed.

"Damn" Naomi spoke. "She just loves you doesn't she?"

"Can you tell?"

I smirked and got my lunch out of my bag.

"So Amanda, you made it to the cafeteria. Congratulations." Ethan said as he ate grapes.

"Yeah", I sighed. "I'm feeling incredibly anxious, but I don't think I can eat in the school parking lot again."

"Hold up! These kids had you eating in the parking lot?" Naomi asked.

"Yep. Super embarrassing, I know. but I couldn't take the attention."

"God, they're unbelievable. I'm telling you if Brian Mckenzie left this school, I'm pretty sure half of these kids would leave with him."