31. Have we been here before?

The door opens and Jeno enters, breathing heavily.

"Took your time" Yuta sighs before holding his hand out.

Jeno takes a deep breath, wiping his sweaty hands off on his jeans and Yuta sighs, staring at his dirty jeans. Jeno takes it out of his pocket, his hands shaking and Yuta smiles.

"Well done, keep it safe," He says and Jeno's face drops. "Wh-"

"Keep it" He smiles, gently closing Jeno's hand around the blood-covered necklace. "You worked hard to earn it" Yuta chuckles and Jeno dashes it onto the floor. "Are you fucking joking?" He spits, pushing Yuta against the wall, a bloodied blade to his throat causing Yuta to smirk, his hands up in defence. "Absolutely not, I don't know why you're so upset, you worked hard for it," Yuta says furrowing his brows. "I killed a fucking kid to get you this stupid necklace, I was forced to kill an innocent little girl to get you this and now you don't even want it...?!" He raises his voice. "You had the choice not to kill the child but you did, that's on you," Yuta says, poking Jeno's chest.

"She was so confused... she didn't understand what was going on! She was innocent Yuta!" He spits. "As I said, the choice is and has always been in your hands" Yuta shrugs.

"YOU-"

SMACK.

THUD.

"Shut the fuck up kid, it's late, you don't want anyone to wake up do you?" He stares down at Jeno with wide eyes, breathing heavily. "Don't you dare raise your voice like that again or I'll-"

"Go on then, do your worst" Jeno hisses. "Why don't you just fucking kill me?" He spits at Yuta who crouches down beside him. "I can't kill you, you proved worthy of my hard work and attention, that's why you can keep the necklace, not just as a payment back for your hard work but for memories" He smiles. "So you can remember just how powerful you are" He giggles.

"I don't want it," Jeno states and Yuta frowns. "Why'd you bring it back then?" He asks. "Because you said you wanted it..." He trails off. "I never said I wanted it for me, did I?" Yuta smiles. "Keep it safe, I could give it to someone else who appreciates it" He chuckles, standing up and walking off, leaving Jeno on the ground.

A moment later, he comes back in. "Oh by the way- are you still down there?..." He mutters. Moments of silence pass by and Yuta just sighs. "Anyway I was gonna say, help yourself to some food but don't be a twat like Mark did and waste my red juice, it's special and difficult to obtain," Yuta says. "I'm sure you know how to cook, right? if you don't, come find me, I'll help you" He smiles before closing the door just to open it again.

"If you're gonna sleep, I suggest the sofa or my room. A tiled floor or any floor isn't usually the comfiest unless it's got a nice soft carpet" He suggests. "I'll go get some blankets if you wanna sleep on the sofa," He says but Jeno stays silent. He wasn't trying to sleep. He didn't want to sleep. He definitely didn't feel comfortable enough to sleep in the same house as Yuta never mind in the same room.

Yuta sighs after a minute of silence. "You're such a child" He sighs, closing the door. Jeno rolls his eyes at Yuta's remark before rolling over onto his back. He opens his eyes and felt his soul ascending to the sweet heavens before being grabbed slammed back down.

"So you are awake?" Yuta murmurs, staring down at him with a raised brow. "You really are a child..." Yuta shakes his head before grabbing a fistful of Jeno's dark hair. "For that, you deserve punishment" He breathes. "You," He pokes Jeno's forehead. "Can sleep with me tonight" He laughs, dragging the man by his hair, across the floor to the hallway before pausing. "Oh, I forgot the necklace" He whispers before pulling Jeno back to the kitchen, grabbing the necklace before ragging him up the stairs.