•Prolouge •

"The court, having heard the evidence, now finds the Jury's verdict to be appropriate and fair to the defendant, the victim, and the community. Ms. Jayda Cheaves , the members of the jury have simply done their duty here tonight. Their decision is a group decision. Do not hold any single person responsible for your sentence, and do not cause any problems for those involved in your case here tonight, or you will find yourself in more trouble. On behalf of everyone here today, I wish you luck. Being there no further business before this Court, I hereby declare Jayda Cheaves sentenced to 15 years in The Metropolitan Correctional Center , adjourned."

3 years later

The sound of  that gravel hitting the  wood is all I could hear for the last three years of my life , as I sit in my cell pondering what went wrong .

Backtracking my steps , wondering what I could've prevented so that my life would end  up anywhere  but here .

I came up with a few answers , but not many solutions, and to be honest the only one that sounds logical to me is that I should've just sniffed one hundred coke lines while I had the chance and overdosed so that I could at least go out feeling good .

But then again ... anything would feel better than this .

You never know how much your life could change by one decision you make , and in hindsight ...... I should've just stayed at home .

"Goodmorning Ms Cheaves "

"Goodmorning " I say lowly , but loud enough so the ten people swarming into my cell can hear me .

They're all dressed up in suit and ties like they're interviewing the president or something, little do they know I'm just some crazy ass dumb bitch who somehow got ahold of a gun at the wrong time .

The whole female slayer title is pretty cool though .

"Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to answer some of our questions " the man smiles

"It's not like I was busy " I answer dryly . He chuckles awkwardly then shifts.

"Yes of course " he clears his throat "all that we ask is that you just please answer each question clearly into the mic "

"Okay " i  nod as  they begin to record .

"inmate number 12345-058, please state your name and age for me please" he begins

"Rain , I'm 23 " I answer.

"Your real name "he says .

Goosebumps almost immediately spread throughout my body , making me almost feel nauseous at the thought of my name .... My real name ..

"Jayda cheaves " i  choke up , immediately taking a deep breath afterwards .

This is the first time my  real name has come out of my  mouth since before I got arrested . I  had almost forgotten what it sounded like since I've been pretty much stripped from it for the last three years  .