Chapter 4: New Units

3rd pov

"Southeast, southeast, southeast! The next location is Southeast! Caw!" Tanjiro's crow yelled.

"We get it, we get it. Can you please be quiet?" Tanjiro whined covering his ears.

"I beg you please! please marry me!" A blonde male could be seen on the ground-hugging and uncomfortable female.

"I don't know when I'll die! so, please marry me I beg of you!" the loud blonde said.

"Huh?" Tanjiro is dumbfounded.

The blonde's sparrow landed on Tanjiro's hand and shouted some words to Tanjiro and he seemed to understand.

Tanjiro headed towards the male and grabbed him by his haori taking him off guard.

"What do you think you're doing right in the middle of the road?" Tanjiro said.

"She's not interested in you!"

"That uniform! are you two from the final selection?" asked the blonde.

"Don't go pretending we know you because we don't!" shouted Tanjiro

After Tanjiro realized he dropped him and we headed towards our mission and the male told us his name was Zenitsu and how he was in debt.

time skip.

The three demon slayers arrived in front of a house that Tanjiro said smelt like blood.

"I don't smell anything at all but can you hear that sound?"

Tanjiro looked towards zenitsu confused but in the corner of his eyes, he spotted 2 children one male and the other female.

"There are kids here?" Zenitsu said.

"they look scared" replied tanjiro.

"Hey, there is there a reason why you're out here by yourself?" Tanjiro walks towards them.

"Guess what I've got something every cool here!"

Tanjiro pulled out Zenitsu's sparrow calming down the two kids.

"What happened over there? Is that your house?" questioned Tanjiro.

"No it's not." the older brother replied. "It's the home....of a monster. Our older brother was taken by the monster when we were traveling during the night. The monster ignored us and only took our brother away." replied the boy.

"So the two of you followed the monster all the way here. That's brave. Great job." Tanjiro asked.

"We followed the traces of his blood to follow them, that thing hurt him," The boy said.

"We're going to defeat the bad guy and rescue your brother!" Replied Tanjiro

"Really? you really will?" Said the little girl next to the boy.

"I promise" Tanjiro replied once again.

"Hey Y/n, Tanjiro, uh what's the strange sound? It's unnerving and never stops it's like a drum" Zenitsu said.

"I don't hear anything," Said Tanjiro.

The sound Zenitsu was speaking about got louder making the others frighten a bit, Suddenly a man fell from inside the house bloody.

"Don't look!" Tanjiro covered the sibling's eyes.

"Are you alright!? can you hear me?! just hang on!" Tanjiro yelled running towards him.

Y/n also followed behind using the transparent world to see through his wounds if it can help with the demon blood art.

"Even though... I got out... Even though I made it outside, Am I still gonna die?" The male cried out dying.

Then a growl was heard inside the house spooking zenitsu and the children.

"Zenitsu, Y/n let's go!" Tanjiro said turning away.

This made Zenitsu more scared and turned his head violently.

Y/n walked passed them both and headed inside with no caution.

~~~

Y/n pov

I was casually walking inside and out of rooms and the sound of the drum was endlessly playing, I was trying to find the source of the sound but the rooms kept changing.

"If it hasn't been for them, And there screaming, curses, curses thanks to them they were able to get away, that prey was mine and mine alone damn them" I heard a demon-like voice say next to a sliding door.

I quickly opened the door to see a male with a boar mask stepping on the female child wielding two nichirin swords.

"I can't believe this room spun around, now this is what I call a fun time!" The boar mask male said.

I ran towards him and grabbed the girl he was stepping on I made her stand up and patted her head.

"Who the hell you think you are," Boar mask says.

"Stepping on a little kid like that, what are you thinking?" Tanjiro yelled.

The boar mask charged at me as I was fixing the child's hair, his blades were inches away from my neck until I disappeared with the child on my back to a different location.

"This is foolish! there's a demon right there!" Tanjiro said.

"oh your pretty fast fight me!" The male said charging at me once again.

"damn insects, begone!" The demon said.

A claw-like slash appeared between me and the boar guy.

Another drum was heard making me appear into a different room with me no longer in contact with the child.

Before I could take a step I heard thunder sounds coming from the end of the hallway, When I arrived at the spot I saw zenitsu and the boy.

"It's dead, when did that happen? what the hell??" Zenitsu cried out.

"You just saved me thank you so much!"

He ran out the boy crying out to him making me and the boy confused.

The boy spotted me also making zenitsu look in my direction as well.

"Y/n! you're here I'm so glad," Zenitsu said.

I walked out of the room with Zenitsu and the boy following behind.

The drum spun again making me appear in a different room without zenitsu and other.

I appeared mid-fight to see Tanjiro fighting the drum demon.

As I was still falling I hit the wall with my feet making me leap towards the demon, I unsheathed my katana in half as I was above
Tanjiro.

"Kyogai! your blood demon art was incredible!" Tanjiro yelled

With that, I and Tanjiro decapitation the demon, After I landed on my feet I saw Tanjiro in constant pain with STW (see through world).

time skip

After Tanjiro got the blood sample from the demon and with the cat appearing, We headed outside after finding the kids.

"Cmon, move it! now you spineless coward, draw your sword and fight me!" The smilies boar mask said.

"Tanjiro, the box I protected it you told me this was more important to you than your own life, that's why I did it," Zenitsu said.

This made Tanjiro charge at the boar guy and punched him to the point he broke his ribs.

"I heard that! he broke his ribs!" Zenitsu screeched.

"Aren't you part of the demon slayer core? you must've why zenitsu refuses to draw his sword because it's a rule to fight each other!" Tanjiro yelled.

Time skip

The fight finally ended with Tanjiro knocking him out, Before that he told us his name was Inosuke and he didn't know how to read or write.

end