009

Mind Flayer

𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯 ☾

𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯 ☾

"Danielle Solace, huh?" Steve said leaning back on the wall behind him.

"What are you talking about dingus?" I asked him with a confused look.

"You two going out?"

"What?" I said practically laughing. "I know you aren't the smartest, but come on Steve. Me and her? Only in my dreams," I said with a small laugh before getting a bucket of popcorn to eat and putting money into the cash register for it.

"You're fucking blind I swear," he rolled his eyes as I just gave him a look of you're stupid.

"The fuck do you mean, Harrington?"

"So I'm the only one who saw how flustered you made her. How she came to the movies just to see you," he said trying to point out.

"I think she just wanted to see Stand by Me," I shrug my shoulders.

"She came in last week and saw it. And trust me she didn't dress up like that. She came in with her hair in a bun, shorts, and a sweater."

"Ok well maybe she just wanted to dress up a little today."

"Robin Buckley. Danielle Solace blushed when you smiled at her. You literally smiled and she looked like she was ready to get down on one knee and propose."

"Really now?" I said nodding my head in amusement.

"You think this is funny?"

"Oh I think this is very funny," I say trying to hold back a laugh.

——

The movie gets over with and I see Dani and her sister walk out. While Dani only has a few tears down her face, her sister on the other hand, her face is drenched in tears. So maybe Steve was right that she had seen it before?

"Dani what the fuck?" I could hear her sister say teasing her. "You made me watch this sad ass movie and for what?"

"I'm sorry," Dani said with a small laugh. She then started walking over to me.

"How was the movie?" I asked her.

"Pretty good. As you can see it left Marie in tears," she said with a small laughing looking over to her sister who's covering her face.

"I see," I said trying to hold back a laugh.

"So I'll call you tonight?"

"Uh yeah sounds good," I said nodding my head before she left and I was met with Steve staring at me. "What?" I asked turning around. He just reply's with making kissy faces and noises as I roll my eyes. "Oh yeah real mature."

"I was right."

"We don't know that for sure," I say before handing the kids in front of me three tickets to the movie.