The Most Beautiful Star in the Sky

Your fight or flight response kicked in. Without thinking, you shoved Michael off of your lips. You scooted to the other side of the couch, trying to make as much space between the two of you as possible.

Elizabeth stared at the two of you, hands on her hips. She looked like she just woke up. Her hair was all over the place and she was still wearing her pajamas. The two of you were caught for good this time.

"Liz, it's not what it looks like–"

"Does this mean you're having babies? I thought you said you were too young!"

Your face was burning. You forgot that Michael claimed kissing is what led to people having babies, and you didn't want to be the one to explain that he was lying.

"This is, um, different. See, me and Y/N can kiss because they..." Michael searched for an excuse. "Because they're our babysitter! Babysitter's don't have babies."

Elizabeth's hard expression softened into curiosity. "Wait, really?"

"Would I lie to you?" Michael flashed her a grin.

She pursed her lips. "You lie all the time."

You couldn't help but giggle at her response. "He's got a point, Elizabeth. We won't be having babies."

"Oh, good." She let out a sigh of relief. "If you had babies you wouldn't have time to come play with us anymore! I would miss you!"

"I could never just abandon you like that." You said, smiling at her. She ran and climbed into your lap, pulling you into a hug.

All of the commotion apparently woke Evan up. He came out of his room wrapped in a blanket and holding his Fredbear plush as he rubbed his eyes. "What's going on...?"

Michael pulled him up onto the couch and ruffled his hair. "It's nothing, Ev. Liz just got excited, that's all."

"Evan! Evan!" Elizabeth turned to her brother and poked him a few times in the shoulder. "They were kissing! Michael and Y/N were kissing!"

Evan's eyes widened as he looked between the two of you. "But... but you said kissing was gross... and that it made babies..."

"That's what I said!" Elizabeth chimed. "But it turns out that babysitter's can't have babies, so Y/N is safe!"

He let out a small breath of relief. "I didn't know that... but that's good. I think."

"It is good." Michael said. "The two of you are hard enough to deal with. I don't think we need another kid in the mix."

"Does that mean you can have a kid when you're done being a babysitter?" Evan asked, looking up at you.

"Well... um... I guess so, yeah." You scratched the back of your neck. "But I'm going to be a babysitter for a looong time." You exaggerated, but you didn't want them thinking that you would be dealing with kids of your own anytime soon.

Elizabeth turned back around to look at you. "But don't you want kids of your own someday? Everyone at school always talks about how they want kids too!"

"Not everyone wants kids, Liz." Michael cut in. "And not everyone is cut out to be a parent."

The last sentence held some anger in it. It didn't take a detective to realize he was talking about his own father. You wondered what he was like when he actually spent time around his kids. He seemed pretty neglectful from what you'd seen so far.

Elizabeth just hummed in response. "Hey!" her eyes lit up suddenly, apparently getting an idea. "Can we get ice cream? Please! I know it's breakfast time but it sounds sooo good right now!"