𝟎𝟔 | 𝐖𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚

"You are not a little princess,
you are your own goddamn queen..."

T H E next morning, Mehraan woke to the beautiful sight of his little wife

T H E next morning, Mehraan woke to the beautiful sight of his little wife. She was snuggled to his chest, trying to find warmth. Last night events replayed in his mind. It was the best night he never had but what happened with Anabia shouldn't have. She was so pure, innocent and a mere man had tainted her character. He vowed to himself that he will give her justice and will protect no matter what.

He will never let that incident repeat.

He will make sure that Saifaan pays for his deed and never do this again to any girl. He smiled at the beautiful sight in front of his eyes, his wife was wearing his shirt which was oversized and reached her till knees. Her cheeks had a natural blush and a pout was set on her lips making her look cute. He was glad he made her forget about that disgusting man and his touch.

He can't even imagine any gher mard touching his wife.

He wondered what was the true meaning of love, and how much time does one take to fall in love. Does love means thinking about that someone and wanting to protect them from every bad thing in the world. Is it love when it hurts him more seeing her in pain than being himself in pain? Was he in love with his wife ? Is it possible to fall in love with someone in a month, only ?

Little did he know, love doesn't have a time or a place. It just happens.

Because all these symptoms of love were showing little by little in him. Mehraan was always a workaholic who loved to be busy in work, but since he had started to come closer to Anabia. It seems like his heart and mind are caged with her and only his body is at office. Whenever he would see her face, all his tiredness of the day would vanish in thin air. Her tears were like a knife cutting sharply through the fragile organ of his heart.

He never took interest in her, but since their nikkah. He had started to find her the most beautiful woman he had ever lay his eyes on. Though she wasn't the beautiful society considers but she was beautiful in his eyes and that was all that mattered to him.

Yesterday's event were hard for Anabia, no doubts, she was traumatized, she still will be. But it was also painful for Mehraan. He felt as a culprit for not being there for his wife. He should be the one to protect her, instead it was Azlan, his brother. He didn't even want to think what would've happened if Azlan didn't know anything about Mehraan and Anabia's relationship.

Would he have protected her just like he did after knowing she was his bhabi ?

No, he wasn't ungrateful to Azlan. Rather, he felt in debt of his brother who stood up in front of their mother for his Ana.