Gay Little Red Riding Hood (Modernized)

"Ring around the rosie, pockets full of posies, ashes, ashes,  and we all fall DOWN." Keith hummed the nursery rhyme we all know and love. He was six years old in the dream and walking down a white washed brick bridge. Keith recognized the place in his dream, it was the way to his grandfather's cottage. After the bridge and the beautiful creek, he traveled through the forest. Keith always liked that forest. His mother told him fairy tales where little fairies surrounded him and made sure everyone was safe from the big bad wolves. They lived in the little flower buds and they glowed at night. The fairy queen, Titania, was beautiful and rumored to dance around the forest at night singing songs with the fairies dancing with her. It was supposed to keep the Big Bad Wolf away. But that's just a story.

Keith still hated wolves though.

After crossing the forest, he stepped into a field of flowers, the air with a beautiful sweet smell. He held the little basket filled with treats, pie and wine. He only did that whenever grandfather, Shiro, was sick. Keith was is little self, black hair that grew out at the end, pale skin with rosy cheeks and bright red lips. A hood covered his head, cherry red, and he skipped across the field singing like the joyful little kid he used to be.  "Ring around the rosie-" He stopped suddenly and looked around cautious, eyes darting back and forth. He stayed still. The flowers seemed to move.

"YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" A small boy suddenly jumped right in front of Keith, barely grazing him. His arms were reached out as he screamed his war cry. Keith moved his basket to the left and the boy tumbled in the grass. He sat up with petals shoved up his mouth and dirt on his face. He promptly threw up rainbows and the petals. 

Keith winced at the sight, unsure what to do. The boy stayed seated on grass and shook his head. He looked up with these beautiful blue eyes that shined. His mouth dropped open slightly in shock. "Woah." Keith suddenly realized the boy wasn't exactly a boy. The wolf ears and tail made his realize it. He took a cautious step back,"Why are you here and what do you wan-"

"Why do you have long hair?" Keith stopped talking, mouth twisting into an irritated frown. "It's not long." The boy pointed to his face,"Yeah it is. Also, why were you singing a lullaby? You're not a baby, are you?" Keith's frown deepened,"I like it." The wolf boy tilted his head,"Why? Because it's pretty?"

"Because it comes from dead people. The Black Plague. That's why." He hoped his weird interest would scare the wolf and make him leave it alone but instead his ears perked up,"Cool!" Keith felt his cheeks warm a little when he saw the boy grin, two fangs shining brightly. Were all wolves this....cute?

The boy grinned again,"Can I have some treats?" Keith wrapped his arms around the basket protectively,"No. I don't have any." The boy's smile faded slightly and Keith realized he didn't like that.  The boy walked over and sniffed the basket,"Yeah you do. Please just one?" Keith shook his head,"No. It's for Shiro." The boy tilted his head again,"Who's that?" Keith huffed,"No one. You sure do ask a lot of questions." The boy grinned again and again,"Rachel says that too. She's my sister. I have a big family. Can I have a treat now." The boy's rambling was honestly too cute to be good. Keith rolled his eyes and took out a blueberry tart his aunt Allura made. He threw it to the boy and the boy snatched it in his mouth, nibbling on the crust. Keith started to walk away. The boy realized this and ran to him,"W-WAIT!" His cheeks were bright red and his mouth was stuffed,"FThANk FWYOU." Keith nodded, a pink hue to his cheeks. He then walked away, the boy watching after him.

Then he woke up.

~

Keith thought back to the dream when he was putting on his clothes after his shower. His hair was slightly longer and still an inky black, slightly wet. Was it a dream or a memory? Probably a dream because he had never seen the boy in his life, like never again kinda thing. He put on his belt and looked at himself in the mirror.