23

AN: double update pt 1 ;)

Rivers pov

Friday night.

Mom

Hey
we just got off the phone with your manager. She told us all of the plans for your traveling but she wants to have a meeting with you. She's going to text you a zoom link at 10:00. Can you call us after?

wait i was planning on to going out tonight

It's annoying, I know
You can still go out either before the meeting or after.

ok
i love you

I love you too

It's 8:45 so I can't go before. I have an hour to kill. I text Noah.

Noah

are you home

no

oh

Well, that didn't work.

***

Chris' pov

I stared at the warm fire, crackling behind me. "Oh." I say.

Matt doesn't say anything right away. "What?" He asks.

"Huh?"

"You're thinking about something, what?"

I stare at him, not knowing what he means. He looks down at my leg causing me to look at mine. It's bouncing up and down. I put my hand on top of my knee, to stop it. "How did you know?" I asked, looking back up at Matt.

"How did I know what?"

"That you wanted to date her." I say.

"I don't want to see anyone else and neither does she. We want to put a label on it. That's all it is, a label."

"What if she doesn't want a label?" I ask.

"She does, that's why we're boyfriend and girlfriend." He states laughing a little.

"Not what I meant but I'll take it." I nod. Both of our phones chimed, interrupting us at the perfect time. I didn't wanna talk about it anymore. I pull my phone out of my pocket and see a groupchat between me, Matt, Nick, and Nathan.

Nathan
Kyle's hosting a party if y'all wanna come

"Nick won't want to he's sleeping. He was editing all day to get the video up." Matt says, reading the same text I was.

"Do you wanna go?" I ask.

"No, not if Nick's staying home." He says.

"But he's sleeping." I argue.

"Maybe I'll just have Jordan over. Why don't you have River come over." He tries to reason with me.

"She has a meeting tonight." I say.

"She can come over after." He shrugs. "What time is her meeting?"