Chapter 1. The Note

Chapter 1

The sun shone brightly through the window, illuminating the note. 

A head popped in the doorway. Cherryblossom walked into the house. Her bright green scales glowed in the sunlight, her tail flowing gracefully. She quickly looked around to see what new thing Starflower was going to make for breakfast. The usual delicious smell that she woke up to was oddly not there. It was then that she saw it. The note was gleaming in the sunlight as she walked over to peer at it. She picked up the note and started to read. It said:

Dear Cherry, 

I'm going to be away for a few days. Don't try to follow me, it's impossible. Only leave the house to get food and water. Don't let anyone in, and don't talk to anyone. I'll be back as soon as I can. If I'm not back in 5 days, go find Queen Toucan, she'll know what to do. Sorry Cherry.

Starflower

Cherry (short for Cherryblossom) put the note down her scales turning to a shade of orange and red. "What does this even mean! Why couldn't she at least say goodbye," she said, angrily. She stormed out of the house not knowing what to do and where she is going. 

She started to fly. If Starflower was going to leave without telling her, she wasn't going to obey her stupid rules. She flew and she flew, still undecided on her destination. Her wings brushed lightly against the leaves of the rainforest.

After flying for a while she came to a slow halt, letting herself drift down to the ground. She didn't know how long she'd flown for but she didn't care either. 

 She quickly looked around. She then realized that she was in the main village. Uh oh. She thought. I should have paid a lot more attention to where I was going. Cherryblossom tried to camouflage herself and hid between the trees. But any half-decent Rainwing can spot a camouflaged dragon from a mile away.

 Argh! I should have known. She thought to herself. Cherry quietly crept away, careful not to draw any attention. But not even 2 seconds had passed when she realized a Rainwing was looking at her. Uh, oh! What am I going to do?! Cherry thought. She started to fly. Making a run for the trees. But she didn't make it far before she saw one rainwing about Cherry's age, right behind her. He had yellow-green scales but with a little orange spot on his tail that didn't change color like the rest of him.

"Hey! Who are you? Are you ok? Do you need help?" the dragon called.

Well, no rest for me today. Cherry thought. Ignoring the dragon, she started to run. Seeing the dragon close behind, she lifted into the air swerving between the trees. Trying to get the Rainwing away from her, she went into a dive. 

 Then she took a sharp turn lifting into the air. She looked back to see if the rainwing was still right behind her. He was a little thrown off and she was getting farther away from him. Finally, I lost him!  She slowed down a bit to let her wings rest. 

She started to walk quickly, still making sure that the dragon wasn't following her. But of course, he continued to follow her.

She took off again, but her wings ached and dragged her down. She kept flying, lower and lower, the wind was the only thing pushing her forward.

SPLASH!

She'd landed headlong into a small stream. When she looked up the dragon was still staring at her, curious. 

She tried to crawl away but her leg was caught under a huge rock. The pain made the world fuzzy and darker. She tried to lift the rock but her wings prevented her. 

The dragon's scales flashed blue then purple. He tried to meet her eyes but she looked away. The water got in her wound and made it sting. It turned bright red and she tried not to look.

"Please just let me help you," He begged.

"I don't even know who you are!" 

"Mango, it's Mango," he replied.

"Just because I know your name, doesn't mean I can trust you." Cherryblossom pointed out. 

"I'm a Healer." By the time he finished the sentence, he had pulled the rock off her and moved her out of the water.

The gash stung and fizzled. Her scales were turning an even lighter shade of green. Her face was already white by the time he had bandaged her leg.

She could hear him talking but she didn't know who he was talking to. She couldn't hear him. Then, the wind stopped blowing through the trees. The stream stopped flowing. The world got darker. She tried to find Mango's claw but it was nowhere to be found. She felt the ground shaking.

Claws lifted her into the air. The grass was leaving her. Her wings brushed tree trunks and leaves as she flew into the air. The sun beamed down on her as she got higher. As the final branches of trees fell away the warmth consumed her. The last thing she remembered was seeing a single bright orange scale. Then she fell into darkness.  

Anyways, I hoped you liked the chapter. It's not that long but it gets better.

This chapter was written a year ago so it's not really that good.

One of my favorite books does chapter questions so I guess I'll do that too. (The questions made it easier to connect with the author)

Do you like it so far? Give HONEST feedback please. 

What do you think of Mango and Cherry?

Also is the formating ok, should I continue chapter questions?

Also there will be a few spelling mistakes and stuff. Also grammar issues. Please ignore. 

Thx for reading!

See you next time!

-Legend Kitten out