chapter 13

These kind of jokes and riddles continue the rest of the ride.

It's an hour ride.

AN HOUR!

———

We walk into the hospital, me being literally almost dragged in.

"I don't want to go" I mutter.

"You don't have a choice." Vincenzo grumbles.

"I do, if I don't want to go them I don't want to go" I tell him as I stop walking.

He doesn't even look at me, when he harshly grabs me by my upper arm.

Cuts and bruises already lay there.

I hiss in pain and get out of his hold quickly.

He raises his arm and I flinch

I jerk away from him, tripping over my feet and I fall in the process.

I breathe heavily as I stay there silent.

The tears that gathered in my eyes stay there as I don't let them fall.

Guilt fills his eyes with some pain mixed in them but as he tries to approach me, I step back.

Don't hurt me please

He sort of nods his head then walks towards the entrance again but not before telling me to follow.

Atlas looks at me worriedly, he gently takes his hand out of his pockets and slowly comes near me, trying not to scare me.

I look at him warily.

"Can I touch you?" He asks

I don't answer him, I just look at him.

He slowly reaches out his hand and after a few seconds of hesitation, I take it.

He helps me up on my feet before we slowly start to walk to the entrance.

"Don't be scared of him Ena. He loves you a lot, we all do even if he just shows it differently. He's worried" He says softly.

I don't talk and stay silent.

I look at him weirdly.

"Why are you so nice to me" I ask him, my voice slightly breaking so I tear my eyes away and look everywhere but at him.

It just slipped out of my mouth.

I don't....

No one is ever nice to me willingly.

My mafia men have respect for me

People at school were not nice to me.

They'd avoid me.

John and my mom weren't nice to me either nor were the teacher at school.

No one was or is nice to me except for him and Ares.