Chapter Thirty-eight

Sam Lewis.

Connor remained frozen atop me, his grip loosening.

I jolted upwards and wriggled myself from beneath him, my limbs feeling dead.

I landed my butt on the floor, wincing lowly as I pulled my pants back in place.

One peek at Jordan and I couldn't decide who was intimidating now, Connor or Jordan.

His blue eyes had gone a darker shade, his jaw muscles contracted before he turned his gaze from me to Connor who was by now kneeling guiltily on the bed.

    "Care to explain whatever is going on here?" Jordan asked in a dangerously calm manner.

My chest was still heaving as I tried to calm my breathing. The room was spinning and I knew for sure I was the only one experiencing it.

"What?" Connor feigned ignorance.

Jordan took a step forward, his face still calm.

"Care to explain. What the fuck you were humping him for."

"Oh,"he chuckled, waving his fingers off,"my buddy and I were just having some alone time, right Lewis?"

I didn't have to worry about replying because the second they were out of his lips, Jordan sprang forward, striking Connor on the face.

The crack sound was just a tip of how nasty that punch must've been.

I turned just in time to see Connor holding his currently bloodied nose, his mouth pulling to a creepy grin.

     "You hit me. You hit me,boy."he said like he couldn't wrap the fact around his head.

"Answer my fucking question," Jordan's calmness made him look the more dangerous and I sent a quick thankful prayer that I wasn't the one at the receiving end,"that or I hit you again."

"What does it matter to you if I was just assisting him on some judo moves?"

   "He's lying."I said weakly.

The throbbing on my head was growing persistent and so was the dizziness. "He tried to…to–"

   "Don't say it." Jordan said without looking at me.

He grabbed Connor's throat, forcing him up.

He raised his fist slowly,"you'll regret hurting my boy, Greenwood."

Connor laughed, blood spilling out of his nose.

"Your boy? Hahaha. And what does that make you? Gay?"

Jordan punched him again, this time he didn't seem to care of the possibility of a broken nose.

Punch after punch delivered and what surprised me was the fact that Connor didn't try fighting off.

He kept on receiving them, not even protecting himself.

I couldn't stand the sight of too much blood and I feared he'd pass out soon so I got to my feet, stopping Jordan.

   "That's enough."I say, wrapping my arms around his middle even though I was still shaking.

Jordan stilled, pausing midway to the next punch.

"He'll pass out if you continue."

Slowly, he backed away, turning to face me.

He didn't look me in the eyes, grabbing my hands. "He hurt you..."

"No. He ran out of time when you stepped in."

Like he couldn't even bare to look at me, Jordan shut both eyes, clenching his fists. "Let me kill him."