Chapter | 7

When Bible study was over we all sat down to listen to the sermon. Matthew joined us after Bible study. The sermon was actually really good. We had just started studying the book of Genesis, so we were learning about Noah and how he had faith in God when He told him to build the ark.

Even though people ridiculed him he didn't let that stop him. He continued to listen to God and built the ark anyway, and because of his faith him and his family were the only people left on earth after God sent the great flood which wiped out all of humanity. The main lesson was to trust God in every part of your life, and to stand strong in your beliefs no matter what anybody says about you.

When the sermon was over we said goodbye to our friends and went home. We all threw on our comfiest clothes and spent the rest of the day chilling on the couch watching Harry Potter movies and eating junk food. It was a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

*******

Why does school have to be a thing? I mean like when are we ever going to use half the stuff we learn in school? We dedicate 8 hours of our days to learning stuff that we probably will never have to use in life.

I was woken up on Monday morning by Sophi yelling,"Get up, get up! My alarm didn't go off we're going to be late!"

I opened my eyes slowly, flipping over on my back and grabbing my phone to check the time. When I read the numbers on the screen I almost fell out of bed. It was 7:30 we literally had to be at school in 20 minutes. I hoped out of bed quickly throwing on a sweatshirt and pair of jeans before hurrying downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a pop tart out of the cupboard before turning to Sophi and asking, "Why didn't Mathew just get us up?"

"He left early this morning because he has a meeting in Milwaukee." Sophi replied rushing around the house to try and find the car keys.

I finished putting my shoes on just as Nicole walked into the kitchen while quickly throwing her hair up into a messy bun. She was wearing a pair of ripped jeans with a white blouse and her black converse. I don't know how she always managed to look so put together. Especially when we only had like 5 minutes to get ready.

"Found them!" Sophi yelled triumphantly holding up the car keys. "Okay let's roll!" She said handing us our backpacks before grabbing her own.

We were 5 minutes late to school so we quickly stopped in the office to get passes, then split ways. Each of us heading toward our lockers. When I got to mine I grabbed my Chem stuff before walking to class.

"If you want to do test corrections just turn them in by the end of this week."
Mr. Fisher said just as I walked in.

I walked to the front of the class, trying to ignore the stares I got from my classmates. "Sorry I'm late." I apologized handing him my pass.

He accepted the pass giving me a quick nod before saying, "No worries, I was just giving you all your tests back from last Thursday." He started fishing through the rest of the test papers in his hand to find mine. "Here you go." He said when he had finally found it.

I muttered a quick thanks before walking over to the safety of me and Grayson's lab station. When I sat down I looked at my score from the test and my jaw dropped. I was shocked. I don't know how, but I had managed to get a 44/45.

"Not bad." Grayson said looking over my shoulder.

I nodded still in awe as I shoved the test into my folder before asking, "What did you get?"

He slid his paper over showing me his 45/45. I just rolled my eyes. Chemistry was his best subject. Which was great for me because whenever I got confused in class (which was like everyday) I could just ask him and he'd explain it to me. I guess science was just something he enjoyed. He was like Cole in the sense that he loved science and was really good at it.