Welcome a glimmer of truth Irumi-chan!

A/N: contains backstory and so such including mentioning of an oc, and also where a bit of the inspiration from Rosario +a Vampire comes in, let me know what you think! This is a pretty long chapter at 6000 words compared to the 2000-4000 I'm trying to keep it down at, let me know if you want them shorter!
____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 9

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live! And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi Suzuki, age 14. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd eat her. And 4. Her heritage and being is completely shrouded in mystery. Will this pitiful girl who was sold off to a demon by her idiot 'parents' make a better life for herself in the Netherworld? One way to find out!
____________________________________________________________________________

As it turned out, Irumi did not run into Kalego again that day. Having walked into the Principal's office just as her grandfather finished up the last bit of the meeting with the sixth year teaching staff, "Ah Ru-chan!~ grandpa is all done with his meeting!~" Sullivan cooed, running forward and scooping his granddaughter into his arms. Getting used to such actions, Irumi didn't even make a squeak when her feet left the ground.

"A-ah, I see...I guess this means we will be heading home now then?" Irumi questioned, hugging her book bag close to her chest while being held in a comfy position against her grandfather. "Yeup!!" Sullivan cheered, spinning on his heel at startling speeds. Irumi quickly tucked herself close, groaning at his stomach-twisting fast excitement as he spun right out the open window, taking off to the mansion with his bewildered staff of teachers staring, Irumi still tightly in his hold. Her stomach most definitely did not appreciate nor was yet used to these actions that were becoming common.

They got home in a blink of an eye though, Sullivan setting her down with a proud smile. "How was school today pumpkin?" Sullivan asked in a chipper mood.

"It went great, I went to the cafeteria with Azz-kun and Clara! Though I did accidentally cause problems for Kalego-sensei and I feel awful about that..but I don't know how to properly apologize to him..besides that, Azz-kun, Clara and I ventured around the school grounds in the first year tower and played a bit more." Irumi recounted her day with a bright smile. "And your day, grandpa? How was it? You have been in back to back meetings since the school opened up its gates." She asked peering up at her grandfather.

Sullivan smiled, nodding. "With my dear granddaughter here it is always a perfect day!!" He beamed in that happy-go-lucky way that Irumi enjoys about him so much. Irumi giggled lightly, her voice soft. "Grandpa.," she said, beginning to walk forward, climbing up the steps to the front door where Opera was holding open for them. "Thank you for buying me away from my parents." She finally said, looking back at him with a bright and so beautifully sincere smile.

"I don't know how it'll be for me here in the future. But I think now I can truly live! Today I made my first friends. So thank you! Both of you for letting me be here, for taking me in as your granddaughter!" Her eyes closed, a bright thousand sun smile beaming as her hair ruffled and danced in the wind.

Sullivan and Opera's eyes widened, their hearts clenching painfully; reacting first, Opera bowed their head, hand resting over their heart. Tail swishing side to side happily. Sullivan on the other hand- his jaw clenched.