Chapter 28

The sky is clear with no hint of any dark clouds hovering above. The weather is neither humid nor cold, the zephyr would blow once in a while, carrying with it the spring breeze. It's the perfect day to go outside and the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.

The clear sky seems to have been decorated with pink, along with the sidewalk where the cherry blossom petals fall from the trees whenever the wind blew.

"It's so pretty here!" Suki gushed as you and the little girl walked down the pathway, Kenma trailing beside you. "The cherry blossoms are so pretty!"

You're holding her hand and she tugs you forward, her big eyes reflect her eagerness and you found yourself smiling.

"Suki, don't run," Kenma said, looking up from his phone as he put the device in his pocket before he took Suki's other hand and she walk in the middle of you and Kenma.

Earlier this morning, before you three went to Ueno Park, Kenma talked to Suki. You've learned the little girl can be stubborn at times but she can also be forgiving. And now she seems to have forgotten all about what occurred a few days ago as she held Kenma's hand, jumping and hopping as she held both your and Kenma's hand.

The Park had already been crowded with people early in the morning, there were a lot of children around along with some pets. People would walk by with their cameras in hand, taking pictures of the beautiful cherry blossoms.

You were suddenly reminded of why you wanted to go to this place before.

"Kenma, should we take a picture?" you asked, looking at Kenma and you can see Suki looking at you.

"A picture?" the little girl asked. "Right, let's take a picture! Mommy, daddy."

She tugged you and Kenma forward, there is a place in the park where people take pictures, the cherry blossoms in the background.

You were going to take your phone out when Kenma suddenly asked. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to take a picture of you and Suki-chan."

"Why?" he asked and Suki looked at you, tilting her head adorably to the side.

"Right, mommy, why?"

"No one's going to take a picture of us so I thought Kenma and I should take turns."

Not because you still don't feel like you belong with them. No, you've never felt that, even before. You chuckled lightly knowing that Kenma must have thought that before he shook his head dismissively, a small smile making its way to his lips before he and Suki walk ahead.