21. WINERY

When Jimin awake slowly with heavy eyes, he can't even think about the bandages on his fingers or the accident that happened last night.

Because when he twists in his head, his nose hits Jeongguk's and the arm around his waist tightens. He smiles softly, reaching out to brush a thumb against his cheekbone.

"You look so gentle when you're sleeping," Jimin murmurs, moving his fingers to Jeongguk's lips, pressing against them while watching as his nose twitches. "I wish I could wake up to this for the rest of my life." His voice goes quiet and his eyes shine with admiration.

Suddenly, Jeongguk stirs awake. His eyes lift open and his lips stretch into a small, tired smile and Jimin can feel it beneath his fingertips. He's pulled in closer, resting his head on the man's chest. A chin is felt pressing against the crown of his head.

"You can, baby." His voice is groggy and slightly rough. "I'm right here. There's no reason to wish for it." Jeongguk's fingers trace up and down Jimin's bare arm.

Jimin sighs quietly in relief, nuzzling deeper into the crook of Jeongguk's neck. He wants to stay like this forever, wrapped tightly in Jeongguk's arms. It feels like the sun shining in through the window hits the man's skin so differently in his new place and he loves everything about it.

"I know. But there's a lot of obstacles and I'm tired. I just want things to go smoothly but I know it isn't possible. We have to keep our relationship quiet and for so many reasons," Jimin mumbles quite sadly, dragging his finger against Jeongguk's bare chest. "I wanna show you off."

"Oh?" Jeongguk questions with interest.

Jimin peers up at him, smacking the man's bicep. "Stop. Do you know how hard it was for me to say that? I basically had to force it out. I haven't been like this in so long."

The man chuckles. "I doubt you had to force it out but I'll humour you and say I believe it. I just want you to know that this isn't a repeat of your last relationship, baby. This is new and this is fresh for the both of us. I could never hurt you," Jeongguk assures him, placing a kiss against his head.

Jimin hums, staring at the wall. "You say all of this as if we're a couple."

"Are we not?" Jeongguk questions, running his fingers through Jimin's hair.

And honestly, Jimin never really thought to put a label on anything because he just feels like it's bad luck, especially considering how his last relationship went - totally downhill and not to mention his ex is a fucking rat.

But again, things are different today. And he can feel it while he lays here in Jeongguk's strong arms, looking up at him to stare at his pretty big eyes. There are so many good things about him - way too many to list on both hands. And in some aspect, this is what has Jimin worried. Because sometimes situations - people - like this are too good to be true.

"You're my boyfriend," Jimin says suddenly, sitting up. The blanket falls and his bare torso is exposed. "That's so weird."

"Weird?" Jeongguk repeats, letting out a small laugh. "Why's it weird, baby?"

Jimin looks at Jeongguk as he fixes his position, sitting against the headboard. "I don't know, it's just... there's so many reasons. I never thought I'd have a boyfriend again. And you're... you. Like, how did I get you wrapped so tightly around my finger?" he asks.

One of Jeongguk's eyebrows rise. "And you say I'm the cocky one," he replies.

"But you like it," Jimin argues, poking at Jeongguk's bare chest. "You like it because you worked for it, didn't you?" He smiles.

The businessman shakes his head fondly. "I did. I busted my ass." Jeongguk yawns, stretching his arms into the air. He looks at the blond, reaching out to brush his thumb against his bottom lip. "But in the end, it was you who caved, wasn't it?"