Bonus Chapter - First Time (18+)

~

Two Weeks After Chapter Forty-Four,
One Week Before Chapter Forty-Five

~

Layla's POV

~

Applying to colleges is stressful. So stressful that I've spent all afternoon filling out these applications at my dining room table. It's a Friday night, and for once I have the house to myself. Bella is having a sleepover with Claire and my Dad is away for work this weekend. So, I've taken the opportunity to send out all my applications.

I'm so in the zone, that I don't even register the front door opening. Nor the footsteps approaching from behind me, or the clattering of car keys on the kitchen bench. It's only when I feel a hand on my shoulder that I jump, turning my head to look up at the person behind me.

"You scared me," I mutter on a breath, narrowing my eyes into a little glare.

Reece smiles down at me, eyes crinkling at the corners. His hand slides up my neck slowly to gently grasp my chin, holding me in place as he leans down to kiss me. My eyes flutter closed as his lips brush against mine. He kisses me slowly for a few seconds, as if we have all the time in the world. "Sorry, Sunshine." He whispers against my lips, a smile growing on his. He leans back once more and his hand moves to rest at the back of my neck as he looks at what's in front of me. "What are you up to?"

"Just filling out college applications." I mumble, remembering once more what I'd been so caught up doing. The stress creeps in on me all over again and I lift a hand to rub my temple. I can feel a headache coming on.

"Hey," He whispers and I turn to look at him. He crouches down beside my chair. his hands resting on my thigh. "Maybe take a break, hmm? How long have you been sitting here doing this?"

"Too long," I agree, "my head hurts."

"Let me make it better, Sunshine," He stands up and coaxes me out of my seat with his hands sliding around my hips. I stand and lean into him, letting his arms completely wrap around me. My eyes fall closed and I let him hold me up for a moment or two, just breathing him in.

"I love you," I murmur, moving my head so that my chin is resting on his chest and I'm looking up at him.

He smiles down at me. "And I love you. Do you want to have a break and watch a movie or something?"

"Yes please," I nod, lifting my arms up expectantly. His smile grows and he doesn't hesitate to scoop me up into his arms, my legs wrapping around his waist. He carries us through to the living room where he sits down on the couch with me still in his lap. I don't make any move to get off him either. As I rest my head in the crook of his neck, I hear him turn the TV on. I'm not sure what movie he turns on, but soon he's relaxed back into the couch. His hands rub up and down my back soothingly.

After a while of sitting like this, literally straddling his lap and his hands sweeping up and down my back, I start to become restless. Suddenly I just need to get closer to him. I can't get enough of this man. He's not close enough. I'm not holding him tight enough. His hands aren't moving low enough.

I huff, sitting back slightly to look at him, "This isn't working."

He raises a brow at me, "Are you uncomfortable?"

"No. I need to be closer. Like, I want to melt into you. You're not close enough." I grumble.

He laughs at me, "Sunshine, you're literally on top of me, clinging to me. I can't really get much closer than that."