I've never been so happy (requested)

"Y/N? My love? Are you awake?" Yeji whispered as she sat on the edge of the bed beside you, her fingertips softly brushing across your arm.

With the lamp on to provide a little light in the otherwise dark room, she's watching you closely.

For the last couple of days, you've been sick.

The vomiting, fatigue, and hot flashes seem to be the worst thing that's bothering you and she's been by your side through every minute of this terrible sickness you've come down with... until today.

The company called this morning, saying that she had no choice but to come into the studio after taking the last couple of days away and she knew she had no choice but to listen.

She's been gone ever since and just got home. It's a little after midnight and the first thing she did was rush up the stairs to your shared room to check on you.

You seem to be sound asleep, not even waking up as she speaks to you.

She decided that she just needed to let you sleep. To be sure that you still had no sign of a fever, she put her hand on your forehead and, just as you have been since coming down with whatever illness you have, you had no fever.

She thought it was odd but she was trying not to think too much of it.

Kissing your forehead softly, she brought the blankets up to your shoulders before turning off the lamp and grabbing some clean pajamas before going into the bathroom.

She planned to take a quick shower before she'd brush her teeth and join you in bed.

But when she placed her pajamas on the counter, she saw something that caught her eye.

At first, she thought it was a thermometer. That's what it looked like at first and she just thought you must be checking your temperature regularly to see if you run a fever.

But she quickly realized that is not what it was.

She saw the word on the screen. That one word left her in shock.

She sat on the floor, her knees giving out from under her. She stared at the test with tears in her eyes.

You're pregnant.

And upon checking the garbage can, she noticed you had taken a couple of tests and they were all positive.

She couldn't believe it. Not just that it'd finally happened but also that she didn't put the pieces together sooner.

You've been dreaming of this for so long. All you've ever wanted together is to, someday, have a family of your own.

Obviously, that wasn't so easy for you both. So, instead, you looked into your options and ended up choosing the one that was best for you.

And it worked.

And she'd never felt so much happiness in her life.

She sniffled and wiped her tears away before getting up and rushing out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom.

She turned the light on and rushed to your side.

"Y/N! Y/N, wake up!"

You opened your eyes and groaned from the bright light.

"Yeji, what time is it?"

She didn't answer you verbally, just with a sniffle.

You knew she was in tears and at that point, you didn't care about sleep as much as you did her and seeing what was wrong.

"What's wrong? Baby?"

She nodded, a bright smile tugging at her lips.

"Yes. Baby."

You furrowed your eyebrows, still half asleep as you rubbed your tired eyes.

Only when you saw the pregnancy test in her hand did you realize what was happening.

"My love, why didn't you call to tell me? We've been wanting this for so long! Why wouldn't you tell me to come home right away?"

She wasn't mad. The complete opposite, actually.

She was so excited, her eyes so bright and her smile wider than you've ever seen.

"I was so sick. I found out and I meant to call you but I must've fallen back asleep. I didn't think to take the test until about eight, so it wasn't too long ago."

She nodded over your explanation, understanding completely.

You sat up and she sat down next to you, pulling you in for a hug as you both let a couple of tears of happiness fall down your cheeks together.

"We're going to be parents... just as we wanted. I've never been so happy." She sniffled.

"Me neither. I'm so excited!" You said, grinning from ear to ear.

She pulled away after a few seconds, her hand falling onto your stomach.

"Hi in there." She smiled. "I can't wait to meet you soon."

You ran your fingers through her hair, watching as she spoke to your baby, who was probably still the size of a blueberry. It was precious nonetheless. Just as she felt, your heart was so full of love already for the tiny human that would be in your arms soon enough; just as you've dreamt of.

It was finally happening and you know that both of you have never been as happy as you are right now.