Chapter Eight

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

"Rory, are you done yet?"

"Hold on, just need you to sign these."

She handed me two papers and a pen. I skimmed through the contents, trying my best to actually read it. I signed at the bottom and handed the papers back to Aurora.

"You didn't actually read them, did you?"

"Nope. Ready to go now?"

She rolled her eyes, placed the papers on my desk and grabbed her purse.

Sunday had come around pretty fast. Aurora had been forcing me to do as much work as we could do, so we could get it out of the way and focus on other things.

She was really helpful, I'm glad I hired her.

"Let's go," She walked out of the office and started towards the front door. Nobody else was here, it was just Aurora and I since the club is closed on Sunday's.

It was already around five in the evening now; my mother knew I was bringing a guest, but we didn't tell my brothers.

I wanted to see how they would react to a new face.

I walked behind Aurora, she opened the front door as I switched off all the lights and locked the front door.

"Just a warning, my brothers don't know you're coming."

She smiled, "That's alright. I'm excited to meet them."

"I'm sure they will love you."

I unlocked my car as we got closer to it. Aurora walked around and sat down in the passenger's seat while I opened the driver's seat door and slipped inside.

"It'll be a twenty minute drive, so you want to control the music?"

"Enzo Rossi listens to music? Are you feeling alright? Did your dark demeanour vanish all of a sudden?"

I chuckled as she continued.

She placed a hand over her heart and let out a breathy sigh, "What type of music do you listen too? Heavy metal? Ominous sounds?"

I started the car while trying to supress my laughter.

"Anyway, I'm playing Arctic Monkeys. If you don't like them, I will gladly throw you out and drive myself to your mother's house."

"Hmm, guess you're going to have to throw me out then."

She gasped and stopped scrolling through her phone. She turned to me and hit my arm.

"I'm just joking, I've listened to a few of their songs and their not that bad."

"They are fucking amazing. Here's my personal favourite."

I pulled out of the parking spot as "Why'd you only call me when your high?" started playing. I knew this one at least.

She placed her phone in the cup holder and pulled her seat belt on, while of course mouthing the words. My fingers tapped the beat on the steering wheel.

"This is boring."

She reached down and turned the volume up higher.

"Roll down the windows and open the sunroof."

"Whatever you say, Ms Rae."

I rolled down the windows and opened the sunroof as it got the chorus. In the corner of my eye, I could see her dancing around and mouthing the words.

I looked at her and smiled.

She looked at me and smiled. So, I joined in, singing the words though.