11. A Night Like No Other

"Shall we try and see?"

I didn't wait for his answer to my question. After all, knowledge is power is time is money, correct? I had been taught by the best. So, immediately, my hand sped up, travelling down his front, eager to explore. All for science, of course. No other reason.

"Mrs Ambrose!" a familiar, cold voice growled into my ear.

"You still remember my name, darling? Aww, that's so sweet of you! I'm so glad you're my husband."

My hand sped up again, just in case. I was nearly there! My fingertips brushed his belt buckle! Just another second, and I'd...

A strong, male hand grabbed hold of my fingers.

Drat!

His other hand, the one that had never stopped stroking my hair before, suddenly slid lower, over my temple and onto my cheek, capturing my face within its grasp. I could feel his gaze on me.

"Mrs Ambrose...What. Are. You. Doing?"

Meeting his icy blue-grey gaze, I stretched until my lips brushed against his. "Try to guess."

"We can't do this here!"

I smirked. "You didn't seem to mind earlier today."

"I...temporarily succumbed to temptation. But it shall not happen again." His eyes flashed in the darkness. "We need to sleep. We have important things to do tomorrow! We're shipwrecked on a deserted island, and—"

Was he actually trying to reason with a pregnant woman's libido? More importantly, with me? Poor, delusional darling.

"Yes. Trapped, all alone, with nothing to do for months on end..." Slowly, I started trailing kisses over his cheek, across his chin and down his neck. Ever so slightly, I felt his body shudder against me, every tight muscle locked in the attempt to stay still. "How ever should we spend our time?"

"M-Mrs Ambrose...!"

"No suggestions?" I snuggled even closer to him, placing another kiss in the hollow at the bottom of his throat, just above the top button of his shirt. "Don't worry. I think I might have a few ideas."

"Mrs Ambrose...Lillian...don't, I—"

"Shh...silence is golden, remember?"

I reached for his top button.

Suddenly, a growl erupted from his throat. Grabbing hold of my hands, he slammed them into the sand, still warm from the sinking sun. In a blink, he was above me, and his lips came crashing down to claim my mouth in a fierce kiss.

"Mine!" he growled, pushing me onto my back. I felt the soft white sand caress every inch of my bare skin, and suddenly, the remaining heat of the fire seemed to be much stronger. Or...was it the heat coming from the man above me, whose restraint had just irrevocably snapped? "My little ifrit!"

I had to admit...right now I certainly felt hot enough to be some kind of fire demon. And, for once, so did the iceberg that was Mr Rikkard Ambrose. Mounting me like a beast driven mad by desire, he once more bent down towards my mouth and—

—bumped into a certain bump.

He froze.

I froze.

A moment passed in silence. Then...

"Mwahahahahaha!"

"Do. Not. Laugh. Mrs. Ambrose."

"Who is laughing, Mr Ambrose Sir? I'm only...pfft! Mwhahaha...only having a coughing fit! Mwhahaha!"