Chapter 94

"There's no way I'm letting my mouth touch that thing!" Diana retorted, staring up at Remus.

"It's doesn't taste as bad as it looks!" Remus encountered as the two of them stood in an empty and narrow corridor near the dungeons.

Remus had an odd drink in his hands, thick and dark, bubbling slowly. He claimed that drinking this was how he could sneak Diana inside the Gryffindor common room for one of their famous parties. It had been a few years since Gryffindor had won the Quidditch Cup, which meant that their party that night was going to be grander and wilder than ever before.

"Remus, it looks like someone melted mud, poured it into this cup, and then tried boiling it," said Diana, grimacing as she took the cup from him. "Ugh, it even smells terrible!"

"That's just how Polyjuice Potion works." He shrugged, grinning at the expression on her face.

"How did you get this, again?"

"Don't worry about it."

Diana arched up an eyebrow at him suspiciously. "Just tell me!"

"Okay, okay!" Remus laughed, throwing his hands up in defense. "There's a secret trapdoor in the Potions classroom's floor. Slughorn had made this Polyjuice Potion for his seventh year students last week, so I just snuck in there a few minutes ago to get a bit of it for you."

"Can you at least tell me who I'm turning into?"

  "There's only one way to find out," Remus said playfully, gesturing at the drink in her hand.

Diana glared at him. "I don't like it when you get mysterious, Lupin."

"You and I both know that's not true."

Diana tried to suppress a chuckle, but a smile crept through her face all the same. "Fine."

With extreme dread, Diana held her nose with two finger, and with her other hand she carried the disgusting drink closer to her mouth and took a large sip.

"UGH!" She grimaced in disgust, quickly handing the drink back to Remus.

Soon, Diana forgot all about the terrible smell and the sickening taste when her insides started writhing and a burning sensation began to spread rapidly through her whole body.

Dizzily, Diana back away until she hit the wall, leaning against it for support as she felt like she would throw up any moment now. She groaned when her skin began to bubble and an odd feeling dawned on her. She felt her body expanding and her fingers and hands thickened, her height shrinking slightly. Even her hair began darkening before slowly becoming short until it disappeared from her shoulders.

And then, as sudden as it had all happened, everything abruptly stopped. Her skin felt normal and the sickening feeling in her stomach had ceased at once. But she still felt odd.

Diana turned around and walked toward the closest window she could find, but she yelped the moment she saw her own reflection. She had transformed into Peter Pettigrew.

"MERLIN'S BEARD!" Diana yelled in shock. Remus burst into laughter behind her.

"Don't be so mean. Peter's not a bad looking boy," said Remus, trying to keep his voice as serious as possible, but he couldn't help but to snigger.

Diana glared at him again, through Peter's eyes. "This party of yours better be worth it, Lupin."

"It is, it is. I promise." Remus chuckled before taking a small flask out of his backpack and pouring the rest of the Polyjuice Potion into it. He then handed the flask to Diana. "Here. Take a sip from it every half-an-hour to make sure the effects don't wear off until the end of the night."