Chapter 13

Hi guys! This chapter is really short, but i  just wanted to update something. Please enjoy it anyway.
You can't just disregard a challenge Artemis, you need to push, fight, try...try...try...

"Try" Artemis woke with the word on her tongue. Thomas groaned next to her. "Artemis?" She blinked. "It's still dark Tom. Sleep."

"Mmmh" he mumbled. Artemis lay back down beside him and immediately fell back asleep.

"Missie... Missie... Artemis... Shuck, Artemis wake up" Artemis groaned and opened an eye. "Chuckles, this better be good." Chuck smirked. "You've missed breakfast." She bolted upright, her forehead narrowly missing Chuck's. "Why didn't you wake me earlier? Chuck's stared at her, incredulous. "I tried! You wouldn't budge!" He then pouted. "Clint and Jeff are looking for you, by the way"she rubbed her eyes groggily. "Thanks Chuck." She got up and stretched. As soon as she stood, recollections of the previous nights event came to her and she smiled, blushing. She took her shirt off a tree branch and slipped it on over her tank top before saying goodbye to Chuck and heading to the Homestead.

Clint and Jeff had been standing outside, waiting. "Where the shuck have you been?" Clint asked. Artemis shrugged apologetically "Overslept...sorry" Clint looked just about ready to comment when Jeff cut him off. "Whatever, Minho's leg needs to be checked, he insists on you doing it."

"So, do you really like me that much or do you get a kick out of being difficult?" Artemis walked up to the bed on which Minho was sat. He grinned at her, "A little bit of both, baby." She smiled back and took hold of his bandaged leg. She slowly started unwrapping it. "Haven't seen you around, lately." She noted. "Been in the Map room, working,  doing what I could." Minho shrugged. She nodded thoughtfully. "But you couldn't stop by, just to say 'hi'?" She asked teasingly. "Oh I would've, but being around these shuck faces makes me uneasy. I belong in the maze. Not in here just staying...still!" She chuckled. "Oh, okay... That's normal" . Minho scoffed "Look who's talking! Have you heard the stories 'bout you? Bet you by next week we'll be hearing 'bout how much in common you have with Dracula." She smiled. "Well, it could be true, I mean last night I had a weird urge to howl at the moon."

"That's a werewolf."

"Oh."

They burst out laughing.

Artemis whistled, "Minho, it's either you've got extra fast healing or you really are that desperate to get back out there." She commented. Minho perked up "So, that means..."

"That means that your leg is almost completely healed. I'd recommend a couple more days resting...but if you promise to go easy on it for a while...."

"I promise." Minho said without skipping a beat.

"Excellent" she said, grinning.

*********

The rest of the day went pretty slow, so Artemis decided to go to the kitchen again. Frypan was pleased to see her and immediately sent her over to Newt, who was standing in front of a chopping board. "Since when do you work in the kitchen?" She asked him,' taking the knife from him. "Since forever." He replied. She scoffed. "Judging by the way you were holding the knife..." He bumped her shoulder with his. "As if you could do better..." She gapped, "The shuck is that supposed to mean?"

Newt shrugged, "Nothing, its just that you don't really come off as the cooking type. Artemis pushed him out of the way with her hip so she could stand in front of the chopping board. She slammed the point of the knife into the wood so hard that the knife stayed upright. "I don't cook." She grabbed a carrot and layer it atop the board. Missie pulled the knife out and promptly cut a piece off the carrot with killer precision. "I chop." And chop she did.

I hope you liked it, I'm sorry it was so short. Please vote and comment.