ten

(...hey 🥰)

——

6 months later

——

   ariana sat on her mother's couch with her phone in hand, munching on a muffin she had ordered to the home.

   it was early in the morning for ariana. but for the last six months, she had been getting up much earlier than she used to due to the habits she picked up from an old friend.

   ariana scrolled through twitter quickly, her eyes brushing over random tweets that caught her attention. a certain thread caught her eye, only because of the account that had posted it.

   @y/n.c: hey everyone. just wanted to say a few things. daisy and i separated a few months ago, due to mutual issues. we ended on really great terms, so don't worry about that lol. we both wanted to wait a while before we went out to the public—

      @y/n.c: — but we've remained good friends and still love each other dearly, just not in that way :) on a higher note, i have a new album coming next month! <3 luv u lol

   if ariana said she wasn't a twinge happy about y/n's tweet, she'd be lying. you know, maybe this was finally her chance. she wanted y/n so, so badly for months.

   but then ariana remembered how she cut y/n out of her life like an asshole. she hasn't seen the taller woman since, even though she so desperately wanted to. ariana missed her like crazy; missed her smile, her laugh, she just missed being around her.

and then there was dalton.

   ariana sighed as she threw her phone away from her, digging her fingertips into her eyes. she sniffed deeply before she felt her mother's presence behind her. she turned around, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

   joan frowned at the sight of her daughter, instantly walking to her with her arms outstretched. ariana fell into her as joan sat next to ariana, running a hand through the singer's hair.

   "i miss her, mom," ariana whispered, wiping her nose with her sleeve. she had told her mother about y/n and how she felt about her just days after she broke off their friendship. "oh god, i was so mean." she cried.

   "it's alright, ari. have you tried contacting her and attempt to explain your side of the story?" joan suggested, brushing out a tangle in her daughter's hair.

   ariana sniffed, "no. d-do you think it would work? do you think she'd believe me?" the one thing ariana didn't want to happen was for y/n not to believe her reasoning for why she left.

   joan smiled down at ariana. "if she really is as understanding as you described to me, i think she'll believe you, ari." she squeezed the small girl tighter, rubbing her shoulder. "if she doesn't, i'll come and vouch for you."

   ariana let out a small giggle, wiping her eyes quickly. "thanks mom."

——

ariana groaned, stretching her limbs as she stood up from the chair in the studio. she cracked her back with a satisfied sigh, walking over to the equipment she had been messing with for the last few hours.

she turned off everything that wasn't on when she first got to the room before doing a small scan, making sure she had gathered all of her things.

ariana grabbed her phone and her water bottle, flipping off the lights as she left the studio, removing the little plaque of her name from the door that signified who was occupying the room that day.