02

Avani left the room calmly, silently observing everyone's behavior the moment their eyes laid on the Judith Heiress.

To say that the maids were terrified and panicked the moment she appeared was an understatement, they hurriedly gave her the proper courtesy and refused to look at her in the eye. Avani guessed that it's because Penelope was mean to them and always treated them badly.

So for the first time ever, Avani-

[Host? Won't it be easier for Host if she'll just take the name Penelope?]

'As much as I dislike her personality, I can say that her name is pretty, ugh okay, fine.'

So for the first time ever, Avani-now Penelope, smiled at the maids slightly and nodded her head before striding down the hallway and towards wherever she'll end to.

But the whispers that followed her wake didn't get past her.

"Did the Lady just smile?"

"Did I hallucinate?! I'm not feverish right?"

"This is new! What did the Lady eat?"

"Shhh! The Lady will punish us if she hears us whispering like this!"

Penelope snorted under her breath before turning right and going on another long hallway.

'Damn it. Why is this manor so big, it's like those houses in horror movies with endless hallways and whatnot.'

[Forgive me for being useless Host, but I still supplied you some useful skills.]

Tongtong's words made Penelope stop in her tracks,

'Skills? What kind of skills, Tongtong?'

[Host will know in the future.].

'Oh to hell with you'

Penelope grumbled to herself before continuing on her tracks when a butler met her in the way, "Young Lady Judith, the Count is asking you to go meet him in the study."

[Host. His name is Hans Schweiden, he's been in the Judith Manor for 21 years. He is Host's father's trusted butler.]

Penelope pursed her lips before nodding her head elegantly, "Please lead me to it."

"Pardon, Young Lady?"

Penelope tried her best to not roll her eyes, even before in the modern world, she always hated people who makes her repeat her words or questions.

"This Young Lady asked if Butler Hans would lead me to the Master's study." She repeated, eyes sharp as she gazed at the middle-aged man infront of her.

Butler Hans nodded his head in assent at the Young Lady's words, "Of course, I would be honored."

'Honored my ass, you sound forced, Old Man.'

[Host...]

Penelope watched as Butler Hans took the lead and led her to her father's study. They passed two more doors before stopping infront of the third door and knocking on it. Well, Butler Hans did the knocking part.

Now it's time for Avani, no, Penelope to meet her Dad in this world.

What a joy.

'Do I really need to meet him? Is he an okay Dad? Probably not.'

"Enter." A gruff voice sounded from inside the room, Penelope saw from her peripheral that Butler Hans gave her a side-eye.

'Hey Tongtong, 10 out of 10, how many people in this manor dislike me?'