Sean's POV

I sat on my couch, sifting through the paperwork of my police report. The stack was at least over a dozen papers, so Julian and Sam were kind enough to assist me in filling the papers out.

"These are so fucking repetitive! Insurance this, insurance that. What is your annual income- Fucking bullshit!" Julian hissed as he mocked the long paragraphs. Sam and I chuckled at his complaint before going back to the lengthy sheet.

While writing my signature onto the paper, the sound of my phone dinging filled the room. I glanced at the lit up screen to see Kaycee's name pop up next to the messages icon.

"Angel? You guys have baby names for each other now?" Sam smirked. I glared at her and her ability to snoop. "Oh come on, it's not my fault I have good eyesight."

"It's not rocket science, Seanie. You literally jump every time someone mentions her." Julian pointed out. I nodded as that was a fair point. I just couldn't help it. Kaycee was a dream that I didn't want to wake up from.

"What did you guys do anyway? You know, that morning after you left the restaurant?" Sam asked while finishing up the front side to a packet. My face began to get hot as I thought about the moment we shared.

I sighed, giving into my friends' suggestive yet pleading looks. "Fine. I'll squeal. It all started after we left the restaurant that morning..."

———

"Beautiful, where are you taking me?" I chuckled, following her determined strides up the hill.

"Just a little more." Kaycee chirped sweetly. Her soft hand fit in mine perfectly as she previously guided me through trees. I blushed at the fact she only held onto me tighter when we got to the open. I've only known this beautiful woman for 2 weeks and she already has me hooked.

"Ta-da!" She exclaimed, turning to me with a beaming smile. I looked around at the empty field. We were at the highest point so we could see the blooming flowers in the distance and experience the most delightful breeze. "Nature?" I said in confusion.

"Freedom." She smiled. I followed her lead as she laid down on her back. I looked at her just to see her looking up. I did the same and finally saw the beauty of it all. Of course. Her favorite part was the stars.

They twinkled brightly, almost as if they were giving each and every one its own time to shine. It was like a song. The stars had a rhythm to how they would shine their light to one another.

"You said you wanted to see part of my world. Well, this is a part of me. This place. For so long, it's given me much more comfort and serenity than anybody." The gem beside me spoke. I took in her words and pondered on them deeply.

It was crazy to me that a place, a scenery, could give someone more love than a human being. But I understood her. That's what cooking did for me. It gave me hope and provided me with a type of happiness I couldn't receive anywhere else.

I grabbed her hand then kissed it gently. "Thank you." I said softly. Kaycee only cuddled into me, now laying the back of her head on my chest. I was silently praying she didn't feel my quickened heartbeat.

"For what?" She asked. While I analyzed the stars' rhythm, I felt her stare burning holes into my face. "Being vulnerable. You said it was hard for you, but you did it anyway. That's really...sweet of you." I stated, trying to distract myself from the way she was looking at me.

I let my thumb stroke her cheek gently, lost in thought. "You made it easy." Kaycee shrugged. Her fingers created small circles on my hand. A wide smile spread onto my features. "Thank you, angel." I breathed out, finally looking down at her.