Chapter 84

(my angels... know I love you and know I can take the hate, because it's all about what's waiting on the other siiiide... (or in a few chapters)xxx)

.

And there he stands on the porch of the little dark cabin.

My blood is running cold in my veins, each pump of my heart feels like it's sending little shards of glass through my body. Every part of me hurts. I stare at him, disbelieving. Surely not... but then again... why not? I never had to meet his physical body in order to recognize his voice, and as his words hit my ears, it feels like my last sliver of hope is extinguished coldly and without remorse, and I know I've lost. Well and truly, finally lost. For as long as he wasn't alive, wasn't by her side, I was almost enough. I was almost enough for her. But I'm nothing compared to him. Compared to him, I cannot even be compared. I could never truly have her and now I never will. He always had her.

"Vision, get back inside." Wanda growls, her green eyes trained on me, unaware of the losing battle I'm silently fighting on the inside.

I watch him look at her quizzically, his red skin oddly glowing in the pale light. A flame of anger lights up inside of me as I watch him watch her. Then, his eyes meet mine, almost as if he knew I was watching him. I know he is trying to as quickly as possible figure me out, and why Wanda has had me knocked onto the ground. I stand up, embarrassment and mostly anger burning in me. Anger and resentment at him standing there where I should stand, where she told me she didn't want me, that she didn't know me.

"Now, Vision, please!" Wanda barks and I turn my attention to her, now meeting her stare as she looks at me, almost with a scared expression on her face. She never thought we would meet. She thought I was gone.

"You okay?" Yelena softly whispers next to me, her tone caring, and I nod tensely, not trusting my voice right at this moment as Wanda's eyes drill into me. I feel like I am literally disconnected from my own body.

"Wanda, I promise you, we want you no harm, we just want to talk to you, nothing else." Natasha tries again and Wanda ignores her, staring at Yelena and me.

"You won't leave, will you?" Wanda asks me directly, dropping the anger, and just sounding tired. She physically seems to shrink a little.

I shake my head softly, again not being able to talk, and I watch her sigh tiredly as her magic quietly disappears. She slowly drops her arms by her side, looking so small against the backdrop of the giant mountain and the somber cabin.

"I don't want to hurt you." She whispers, but I can clearly hear her. Oh, if only that were true. She has no idea how much she's already hurt me. I thought there would be an end in sight.

"Please." I ask of her, my voice not sounding like my own.

Wanda's face scrunches up slightly as she wants to argue, as she fights herself and whatever she is feeling and thinking. As always with her, I can only guess.

"Okay." She finally softly relents with a raspy voice, her brows knitting together as she looks away from me and up at Natasha and Darcy who are still standing by the jet, which I now notice is slightly smoking from the place where Wanda's magic hit it.

"Can we come in?" Natasha takes a step towards Wanda, her hands clearly empty by her sides and her tone calm and reassuring. Unlike Wanda and me, she knows exactly what she's doing.

"Yes." Wanda curtly says after a tiny pause of contemplation, and then she just turns on her heels and stomps away from us without waiting to see if we are following.