Starting up

Day 14 9:56 am, Mt. Everest

Recorded Video

            Colby turned his go pro on which was attached to his head, allowing the audience to see what he was seeing."Yo what's up YouTube. It's your boy, Colby. As you can see I'm on the Mountain. Mind you this is just a practice." Colby spoke between deep breaths"Before we don the actual climbing we have to get our bodes in shape. And I mean, me and the gang was climbed a few mountains before but not as big as this."

        The scene transition to Colby holding the go-pro in his hand showing the audience large crevasse they were passing. It looked super deep and dark. The sides of the crevasses looked as if they were made of slippery ice.

        "Hey how deep is this?" He asked.

       "These one would be 148 ft deep." One of the sherpa's who were helping them with the truing said.

       "So would there be no chance if we fall down one of those?" Sam asked who was in-front of Colby.

        "No." The sherpa bluntly said.

        "Oh. Cool." Sam said.

       The scene transitioned again, this time the audience could see Corey walking along a ladder crossing that was leaning across over a yawning crevasse.

      "So here we are at another ladder bride." Colby said."This is one of many typical bridges we have went over today. But it seems no matter how many times we do them, no one can get over the uneasy feeling they give you."

    "Yeah no kidding bro." Corey said who was standing beside Colby.

    "Oh I don't like this." Jake said.

     "Be careful Jake don't shake the ladder too much." Colby said.

        Jake did a few more steps before he made it too the other side. He took a sigh of relief. "How did you like that crossing, Jake?" Colby asked.

      "Whew, it was okay. That was a great crossing." Jake said a little sarcastically.

       "Great, man." Corey said still uneasy.

      "Alright I'm going now.' Colby said."Sorry to however is watching this about the scratchy mic so bear with me."

       The video transitioned to Colby already on the other side of the bridge."Sorry about that guys, the go-pro died right as I started walking so we didn't catch what happened. While I was on it the bridge shifted a little. Everyone got a little scared-" Colby was interrupted by Corey.

        "I was terrified, I thought you were going to die!" Corey said.

      "Yeah well that true, Corey did most of the freaking out." Colby said.'Anyway I'll up date you all when we actually start climbing up the mountain. We have to save the batteries on our go-pro's so stay tuned. Give the video a big thumbs up and don't to forget to subscribe!"

Video end

         Colby turned off the camera, today was the day to do the actual climbing. They had flown from the USA to Nepal about 2 weeks ago. They had gotten to base camp without and problems and for the next week they had just been training and practicing for the real climb to the top.

         The base camp manager was Anthea Fisher, she was really nice when they meet her. She had brunette hair, Tibetan accent and she loved fired mars bars. She represent the Everest Tourist group

          She was very informative and got the them all up to speed on their knowledge about the mountain.. She had introduced them to the camp doctor Shelly Claymore.

          So far the group seemed ready to take on the challenge as far as Shelly was concerned. Corey and Sam were still getting used to the high altitude but they were pretty sure they were ready. The day before they had gotten their check-ups with the base nurse. All of them were in good shape.

      Turns out two other people besides the sherpa were coming with their group. There names were Bee Southdown and Bowie Bush, they are both friends. Bee, who was 40, was from Sweden, giving her a funny accented. Her friend Bowie, who as 41 was from Germany. Both of them were climbing Mt.Everest for a bucket list project. Both of them were funny and light hearted.

       Two sherpa were coming with them were named Abhik Karki and Clare Dancer. Abhik was born in Nepal and barely ever spoke. He was black haired, had a strange scar on his neck and check and a very worn down face. Colby had been told this would be his last trip. Abhik had seen lots of bad stuff on the mouton it was getting to him.

       Clare was Nepali, he dad however had been a Canadian. He was a mountaineer and meet her mother when he climbed Mt. Everest. The two had fallen in love and married, having Clare. She was very nice, she had helped Colby and his friends out a lot in their training. All of them were happy that see was coming with them.

       Colby saw Sam exited the main tent."Did you hook up with Katrina?" Colby asked.

      "I told her we are going. She was very worried as usually." Sam said, smiling slightly. " I kind of wish she was here."

      "Hey don't worry. We'll be fine. As you told her you've got me to look after you." Colby said putting his hand on Sam's shoulder.

        "Thanks, buddy."

       "Hey you two ready to go?" Jake asked who was standing not too far away with the rest of the group, waiting for them.

         "Yeah we're coming." Sam said.

          Sam and Colby picked up their backpacks and other pieces of gear. They join the group and with a few inspiring words from Clare and Abhik they started the trek of their lives.