19

"I am so freaking excited!" I squealed and flopped beside Blondie who stared concentrated at the TV screen, playing a video game. With one hand he reached over to the popcorn bowl and took some. "Aren't you?"

"Yes, we'll get started as soon as I finish this- YES I DID IT!" He exclaimed excitedly and then kissed me. "I haven't had a movie marathon in years"

"College?"

"Basically, yes" he nodded. "I'm more of a season a day kind of guy"

"Ugh, same" I laughed. "What do we watch?"

"This is why I hate Netflix, you just can't choose what to watch" he flicked through movies. "Tell me if you see something good"

I nodded obediently then smacked his arm repeatedly. "Identity Thief! I went to watch it with Gail when it came out and I laughed too much"

"Well that's what it is!" He exclaimed and placed an arm around me. I curled up and cuddled into his side.

Half way through the film, he became insanely fidgety and we ran out of popcorn so I got up to shove another packet in the microwave. When I returned, he was sat by the piano. My breath hitched slightly.

"Something I have noticed," he began softly playing. "You never play.."

"That is because it brings back memories" I sat beside him. "Remember what I said about Kane and that? When we were together I used to play and you know how he used to be an angry little bitch? Well one day I decided to start playing during one of our arguments to not get any angrier.."

"This sounds bad already" he commented and I stretched my hands to him. "What?"

"Do you see the scars on my fingers?" He nodded. "Well, I was playing and suddenly he grabbed the lid and forced it shut on my fingers which broke them all at once. There is nothing quite like all of your fingers broken, I tell you now"

"Yikes. He's an asshole" Ross shook his head. "I'd probably stop and listen"

I laughed. "Thank you. But yes, ever since that day I haven't been able to look at a piano without crying. Except from today"

"Do you want to play me something?" He nudged me slightly and I tensed up. He instantly stopped. "If you want, it's okay if you don't"

"Don't. It's fine, give me a song"

His eyebrows furrowed in the middle adorably as he thought. "It Must Be Love"

I told him to back up and started playing, watching a smile appear on his face. "Feel free to sing along"

"Dear god" he chuckled. "I never thought I'd miss you
Half as much as I do
And I never thought I'd feel this way
The way I feel
About you"

"Yaass, kill 'em" I encouraged and he only laughed harder but continued to sing.

"
As soon as I wake up
Every night, every day
I know that it's you I need
To take the blues away"

I joined him for the chorus. "It must be love, love, love
It must be love, love, love
Nothing more, nothing less
Love is the best"

"We should start a band" I chuckled. "No but seriously, you have a really good voice"

"Thank you but what you just heard doesn't leave this room, that goes for you too Lilly" he smiled and I giggled. "I was shocked when I heard she was pregnant"

"Me too! I thought she was the innocent one"

"I kid you not, the puppies are going to be cross Boxer because of Riker's dog" Ross commented and we fell into a comfortable silence whilst I played a bit more on the piano.

I stopped abruptly and he frowned. "It's one week until I'm 22! And I haven't learnt how to dance- like party dance"

"Slow dance?"

"That too"

He grabbed me by the hand. "I can help with that. First off, let the guy guide you but also don't literally allow him to drag you; it looks so bad"

"Right, I know hand positions and that stuff so" I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Go on"

He gently guided me around and for once I wasn't actually messing it up. That was until I suddenly travelled too fast and we both fell in a laughing heap.

"We should probably leave the dance lessons for professionals" I laughed. "But thank you"

"No worries" he cupped my face with his hands and kissed me repeatedly. "And yeah we probably should, I mean, it would be lovely to live at least up until your birthday"