138: Plans and Executions (3)

Chapter 138: Plans and Executions (3)

Midoriya was starting to get annoyed at this 'follower' of his.

This guy didn't follow him on Friday, so Izuku assumed he had finally given up, but he actually hadn't it seems.

As usual, the feeling of 'gaze' on the back of his neck disappeared when he stepped inside the train. Surprisingly, the gaze didn't reappear even after he stepped out of the train upon reaching his destination.

But... Today, Izuku felt kind of suspicious instead of feeling cheerful like last time.

Why did his pursuiter leave after only following him to the train station? Did he miss the train? Or was there something more... sinister behind all this?

Izuku kept his guard up and carefully headed to his home.

After reaching his apartment and taking the elevator up to his floor, he rang the bell and waited.

But even after a while, there was no response.

Usually, his mother would yell, "Coming!" before he would hear her fast footsteps running here. But today, there was no response... at all.

Izuku frowned and rang the bell again.

~Ding Dong!

There was no response this time either, this caused Izuku to frown deeply and pull out his phone to check if his mother left any messages or not.

But no, she hadn't.

Izuku rang the bell one last time before he used his quirk to enter his Astral Form and go behind the door to turn the lock around.

The door opened with a click and he returned to his body to step inside the apartment carefully.

"...Mom?"

He called out softly, walking in light steps as he tried to listen to any sound.

He heard the TV playing in low volume in another room. Then slowly, walking with pressed steps, he strode towards his mother's room. The door wasn't locked here, just pushed close. So he simply turned the handle to open the door and peeked inside softly.

His mother was lying down on the couch, facing the TV as she... slept soundly.

Izuku heaved a breath and smiled softly while wiping sweat from his brows.

His mother didn't need to work anymore, because his father got a raise in his job in the United States and so he could send more money than he could two years ago. But she must be worried about his school and stuff, more so with the things happening lately. It's not that surprising that she fell asleep like this.

"Phew, and here I almost got scared." Izuku said before an involuntary chuckle left him. "Heh, but then again, who would dare to invade my hom–"

Midoriya couldn't finish his words because two hands came from behind him and clutched his neck tightly. Though he managed to turn his eyes around, blazing with rage, they went wide and shaky upon meeting the glare of two familiar cosmic blue eyes.

In the end, Izuku couldn't even enter his Astral Form before he felt Neji press his fingers on his neck just as he lost his consciousness.

—★—

Neji didn't even let Izuku's body fall to the ground and simply stored the unconscious body in his inventory since there's a chance that Izuku would be able to enter Astral Form even while being unconscious.

"Grr, he's kinda weak, don't you think?" Kurai muttered from above his neck. "Why are you so careful with a guy like him?"

"Because he's the 'Chosen One' of this world," Neji answered while making his way onto where Izuku's mother was sleeping.